What should I pay for this Mack?

elksheds

Hello all,

I have my feelers on this truck. The guy lives near me and wants me to make an offer. It is a 1955 B71ST. I understand that the B-71's are far more rare than some of the other B-Models... but are they desirable?! I really have no idea what it would be worth, so just for giggles:

What would be your "No-Brainer" offer on something like this if you were in my shoes?!

Here are some of the details, and see pic.

• Cummins powered with a 5 speed main transmission and a 3 speed auxiallry.
  • The differentials are the big double reduction Mack units.
  • The engine starts and runs well. Oil pressure is 70+ psi. It builds air to 120+ psi.
  • Includes all the parts of the truck including hood chrome, horns and running lights.
  • Maxi-brakes added to the front drive axle and has a pair for the rear one, not installed.
  • Added a turbocharger to the engine. Also has the jake brake heads and parts.
  • That is the original Bull Dog hood ornament :bulldog3:
  • The dump bed is not attached to the truck, DOES NOT go with truck.

Thanks guys, I will be interested to see what you think!!

Brady aka elksheds

post-19217-0-02742500-1415387955_thumb.j

My .02.

Ya, B71 with the extended nose is pretty unusual to see anymore. Pretty sure that was done to fit a cummins in the smaller hood trucks.

Wonder if it is just the clutch disc is rusted to flywheel? Or is one of the transmissions stuck in gear? Typically the shifters will get gummed up from sitting. MIght take a prybar under the floor and some lubrication to get it back to working. If not, might be broken inside? Hopefully just needs clutch broke loose.

Truck looks pretty solid/rust free? Pricewise? $5K depending on how nice it is in person?

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"