New Addition to the Pack not a Dog or a Cat Part II

thomastractorsvc

Of course had to get the air all redone to figure out that I had this problem the governor bolts to the air compressor had cracked it at the flange so had to get that resolved, luckily it was only the flange and where the air line was machined into the head as this would have been a $700+ fix since the block could not be used as a core. I will have to get a new picture as the finished product looks good, almost can not tell it was repaired.

post-10018-0-98221400-1412265970_thumb.j

post-10018-0-08689100-1412266008_thumb.j

post-10018-0-49145400-1412266012_thumb.j

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Changed out the hoses and belts, the alternator mount was also broken so fixed that, then moved onto the cab had to re do the floor and re hang the doors as they were swapped with the original and held on by a couple self tapping screws after fixing that was surprised that they had not fallen off as the doors did not latch right and would fall open. Was cool to see the trucks SN# when I pulled out the interior. I am waiting on putting in seats until I can find a larger sleeper. So for now it is about all that I can do, except front axel rebuild new studs and bearings and seals, forgot on the rear did brakes and pinion seals and slack adjusters.

So far staying a little below budget because of being able to rebuild some things, stumbling on some decent used tires and some take out air ride seats. I am kind of glad, as all the things that I have found and had to redo that was not in the budget. The budget on the sleeper is what is going to get me unless I hold out until I can get an almost free one. The sleeper is going to be converted into seating for my kids, so we can all go truck shows in one vehicle.

The picture of the tire has a bulge on it at the bottom

post-10018-0-12149500-1412266646_thumb.j

post-10018-0-73266100-1412266650_thumb.j

post-10018-0-41117200-1412266661_thumb.j

post-10018-0-10965200-1412266665_thumb.j

post-10018-0-04144000-1412266669_thumb.j

post-10018-0-01685000-1412266677_thumb.j

• Like 2

Robert

Like the A model. Like my Mack, but a nice lil A model KW is on the top of my list.

Looked at one about 5 yrs ago. 430hp 8v92 and 36" bunk. Just too used up and wanted way too much.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I bought this one because of the bunk could not find a Mack with one, the bunk I was told was a 36" I did not think to put a tape to it as a 36" would be just barley enough, well low and behold it is a 28" not near enough room to put seats in.

Robert

Looks good!

After all that plumbing work, your supply of widgets and gizmos must be depleted.

very depleted :( added some more numbers to the spreadsheet today so far spent almost twice what I paid for it and am only about half way done my budget lets me put a little more in it but when it tips the scale the other way may need to find a new home before I am upside down. It is easy to write of your labor but hard to give away your money :idunno:

• Like 2

Robert

mate looks the goods the best way I know to save cash is no sleeper at all and cheaper to run, no missus or kids can come for a ride then, cant take one with out the other sleep on the ground in a swag if your gunna be away over night have a camp fire going have a few cold cans now thats living :twothumbsup:

Paul

I bought this one because of the bunk could not find a Mack with one, the bunk I was told was a 36" I did not think to put a tape to it as a 36" would be just barley enough, well low and behold it is a 28" not near enough room to put seats in.

It looked pretty short. I was going to guess 32" if anything.

Best deal of doing my truck, the 42" bunk was FREE!!! It was even white ta boot.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"