Somebody is Testing Me Again - Old Macks Popping Up Out of the Bushes Everywhere

I am not a particularly religious fellow but I think somebody is testing me again. Old Macks are popping out of the bushes. Today's fare is two 1966 B-61s w/673 Thermodynes. One has a 5-speed triplex and the other has a "14 speed" - not sure what that is. One has been pretty well stripped the other seems quite complete and in reasonable condition. Both look like single axle tractors but pics are not clear enough. $4000 CAD for the pair. I am thinking half that might be more realistic.

A B-61 is not in my plans but thought I would let you guys know. I am picking up a crawler in the vicinity of those trucks and could collect info if someone is interested.

post-18165-0-60846600-1404177314_thumb.jpost-18165-0-24337700-1404177326_thumb.j

Best regards, Dennis

were horizontal shutters a Canadian option? first time I can remember seeing those

Good question! I did not notice but now that you mention it, I couldn't figure out why my B-30 didn't quite look like Macks I remembered from way back (when I was kid, every truck that had anything to do with heavy equipment, road building, etc, was a Mack). It is the shutters - ones I remember all had horizontal shutters. Where are the Canajun old timers?

Best regards, Dennis

My uncle called them blinds. Said the water and sleet would run off so the shutters so the pivot pins would still work. Said the verticals would ice up on the bottom after shut down and either hang open or closed. He ran out of Erie Pa in the 50's so take it for what its worth. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

ok today I found the truck owners son Tim, he runs the local saw shop I've known him for years. His son is near my age, anyhow Tim said I have a title for that truck, I sold it in 76 but never got paid for it. Long story short he said go get it and use what I can! and it does have a water retarder mounted through the drive shaft. I will post pics when I see the truck my self.

• Like 1

ok today I found the truck owners son Tim, he runs the local saw shop I've known him for years. His son is near my age, anyhow Tim said I have a title for that truck, I sold it in 76 but never got paid for it. Long story short he said go get it and use what I can! and it does have a water retarder mounted through the drive shaft. I will post pics when I see the truck my self.

Did it or does it have the water cooling for the brakes. If it does could you snap a pic of them? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I know there is a sleeper cab B model around Syracuse Ny that has the horizontal shutters in it. not sure if its factory or not but it has them. Bob Gardineer or something maybe???? I know his last name is Gardineer. this truck has a newer top mounted Mack rear end with air ride in It also. its a single axle. it has been at the Longbranch Park Show

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg