Cool toy to play in sand.

I think it still able to make some money if really needs.

Hope the owner has enough area to keep it away of scrappers.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

We have a 35 ton mack rock truck here at work, long retired though. Parked out behind the garage. They're planning on torching it, I'd like to atleast get the 12v71 out of it. They had a big 50 ton truck years ago too. Had a 16v92 in it. That one was torched too

We have a 35 ton mack rock truck here at work, long retired though. Parked out behind the garage. They're planning on torching it, I'd like to atleast get the 12v71 out of it. They had a big 50 ton truck years ago too. Had a 16v92 in it. That one was torched too

If the owner's spend some money on promotion, propose that if they give you the truck, you will restore it complete with company logo as a promotion vehicle with, of course, the "o/o jpavao" just so as everyone is clear who owns it and put that old good guy back in such nice condition.

Can you legally drive one of these trucks down a public road?

Best regards, Dennis

If the owner's spend some money on promotion, propose that if they give you the truck, you will restore it complete with company logo as a promotion vehicle with, of course, the "o/o jpavao" just so as everyone is clear who owns it and put that old good guy back in such nice condition.

Can you legally drive one of these trucks down a public road?

If I could do that I would absolutely love it! After I finish my r model of coarse, but I think that would be a fun project. Unfortunately I think the chances of that happening would be near impossible. It's a shame too because I'm sure it's got potential in there. I'll have to try to grab some pictures of it Monday.

Hey ask if theyll sell the truck, dont torch it, geez where does everybody think those things went anyway!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

They might sell it I'm not sure. I'd assume they wouldn't want any less than what they could get in scrap price, which I'm guessing would be a good chunk of change

Say thebeast weighs 16 tons with scrap at $250/ton (that's roughly the price here in Ontario). That's $4000. BUT, you gonna throw that thing in the back of a pickup and haul it on down to the wreckers? Even if you hire a crane and a rig capable of hauling the beast, how much is going to be left of the $4000? About what would be a reasonable expectation by the company to have the truck gone as is where is. $2000 tops maybe?

There is a huge cost to scrapping a rig like that old truck.

Point out the economics to the company and get a buddy to help you use your R, even with a pulling rig for your fifth wheel, hook onto the beast, haul her home and break out the beer and barbeque. Don't ignore the possibility that the company just wants rid of the liability of having derelict equipment sitting around, which is much, much higher than $4000 and they might, just might, not even be interested in the salvage value. So that would be like ... free truck ... except for getting her home .... and beer.

Edited by dmlinton

Best regards, Dennis

Say thebeast weighs 16 tons with scrap at $250/ton (that's roughly the price here in Ontario). That's $4000. BUT, you gonna throw that thing in the back of a pickup and haul it on down to the wreckers? Even if you hire a crane and a rig capable of hauling the beast, how much is going to be left of the $4000? About what would be a reasonable expectation by the company to have the truck gone as is where is. $2000 tops maybe?

There is a huge cost to scrapping a rig like that old truck.

Point out the economics to the company and get a buddy to help you use your R, even with a pulling rig for your fifth wheel, hook onto the beast, haul her home and break out the beer and barbeque. Don't ignore the possibility that the company just wants rid of the liability of having derelict equipment sitting around, which is much, much higher than $4000 and they might, just might, not even be interested in the salvage value. So that would be like ... free truck ... except for getting her home .... and beer.

Well these are all definitely good points. Especially the BBQ and beer! But yes I completely agree that I'm sure there is going to be a cost of having it scrapped. I will ask around a little tomorrow when I get to work, what kind of chance I would have of getting it. Transporting it shouldn't be a problem, just whether or not they will get rid of it. It would really be a fun project, I think my biggest concern though would be the cost of tires.

Well these are all definitely good points. Especially the BBQ and beer! But yes I completely agree that I'm sure there is going to be a cost of having it scrapped. I will ask around a little tomorrow when I get to work, what kind of chance I would have of getting it. Transporting it shouldn't be a problem, just whether or not they will get rid of it. It would really be a fun project, I think my biggest concern though would be the cost of tires.

Oh, yeah, tires. Forgot about that. Just priced one for the rear of my 1952 John Deere MT (11.2x34 ag tire). $500! And it is a wee bit smaller than the ones on a rock truck. Actually, it is just plain wee compared to a rock truck tire.

Best regards, Dennis

Be happy that tractor tire is only $500, I paid nearly that for 11R24.5 steer tires, we wont even talk about 425 floats!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"