1977 walter ndus snow fighter

mack1928

Are you sure that's a Walter? Looks like an Oshkosh- I thought Walter was out of the game by 1977....???? Old Walters are COOL. They are UNSTOPPABLE especially with that Frink V-Plow on the front.

What are the specs? I suppose it has a green leaker? But you might luck out and get one of the many that came from the factory with an L10 Cummins.......????

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

walter actually didn't stop making the N model until about 1995 there was just so few sold that not many people knew they were still in business in my opinion this truck could go right over the top of an oshkosh lol it does have a screamer in it 8v71 to be exact its got a huge allison auto and is 100% traction with the 4 small driveshafts going to each wheel like a pay loader the tires are 1400R24 dual 14ft wings and a 11 ft Vee

• Like 2

Walters are cool! I hauled one out of NY a few years ago that had a blower on it. The engine for the blower took up the entire back of the truck. It was powered by a V8 Leroi 2002 cubic inch!!! The man who sold it told me that he use to run it for the county. The exhaust was 4 in long. It sounded great. I had a 56 Walters. The only true 4 wd. Good score. If you think you may want to part with her let us know

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

I think that Walter was purchased by KME Fire Apparatus a few years ago. This gave KME an aircraft crash truck to add to their stable of fire apparatus. KME also purchased Mack's

fire apparatus designs when Mack went out of the fire apparatus business.

bulldogboy

I'm thinking of buying some property upstate probably will clean her up nice with my colors and park her up there to do what she does best plow snow!!!!! The driveway of course and if the local town needs a hand she'll be waiting. I'm thinking all Mack red rims included the frame and wing house and gear black and the plow and wing tips safety orange with the silver stripes what ya guys think

• Like 1

here is a friends Walters

DSCF0123.jpg
DSCF0178.jpg
DSCF0180.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's the guy that was pulling people out of the mud at Macungie 20.......09 maybe? 2010??? The year it was a frikken monsoon all day Friday and part of Saturday AM......And Randy, that's a radial aircraft engine on the back that runs, too......He fires it up every now and then at shows but he doesn't run it long as the vortex of fuel consumption takes over and empties the tanks of every vehicle within 100 yards.

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

We use it for our V.V. of A. for fund raising to restore this P2V-3 Neptune. He was a power plant tech on them in 1968/ 69. Paul

post-3242-0-16079400-1402798322_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's the guy that was pulling people out of the mud at Macungie 20.......09 maybe? 2010??? The year it was a frikken monsoon all day Friday and part of Saturday AM......And Randy, that's a radial aircraft engine on the back that runs, too......He fires it up every now and then at shows but he doesn't run it long as the vortex of fuel consumption takes over and empties the tanks of every vehicle within 100 yards.

Ha! Ha! The Jump box supplies power to the electric fan motor that turns the spinner and the inverter powers the CD player that makes the Radial Engine sound from 4 speakers buried between the cylinders. Those P.W. engines seep more oil than the worst DD does on a bad day. :)

DSCF0182.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 5 years later...