ACA Fun

41chevy

Went to Dayton Ohio left early Easter morning and got there late Monday. Took a new friends 2014 Ford F450 one car carrier to get my Mustang SVT from Ohio George Montgomery's Speed Shop. They built my 2.7 and dialed it in 90% for me. Tuesday loading the car I feel like crap but figured once on the road I'd perk up. Got just to Springfield and could barely drive from the pain in my side and back. Got an Ohio Trooper to lead me to the closest hospital. Learned after a few tests I had an attack of Pancreatis. Now I had already given them my Empire Blue Cross card. Surprise we can't treat you because the N.Y.S. insurance does not have the ''out of area'' rider. I paid $5400 cash for two days in the hospital with an IV. Left and went to a Days Inn and waited 3 days for my friend Doug to arrive from South Portland Maine to help me get the car, truck and my butt home to L.I.

So heres what I figured I'd pass on to the group. Not all health insurance policies under the ''New and Better'' healthcare system cover you away from home. I learned the the insurance N.Y.S. allows to be sold here didn't cover me off Long Island. I now have to pay an additional $194 a month for ''select'' 48 state coverage.
Check your policy to be sure you are covered on the road. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mi insurance about doubled

And covers a lot less

Not impressed with it

Got a raise last summer !

It is gone plus some

What happened to ( if you like your current plan you can keep it)

Our premiums doubled

$194.00 extra a month for "out of area coverage"

$12000 dedutable

higher co pay on meds

less coverage

and my service related medical issues are not covered. To quote Blue Cross "go to your VA".

Now if I was an illegal I'd have premium coverage for free.

The money I spent for the hospital in Springfield was half of what they charge the insurance companies. Better off cancelling the entire thing and pay cash!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,

And the government doesn't understand why Americans are denouncing their citizenship.

Maybe we need to setup a BMT member fund for medical expenses.

Take care of yourself,

Ken

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ken: nice thought on a BMT insurance fund, but I think our national debt is a small number compared to all of us wrenching on rusty iron and having to go to the e.r. for limb and or digit replacement. I mean just look at Vlads wheel polisher, now multiply that times the number of members (Detroit owners multiply times 2 more bad shit can happen to them) get total. Then multiply times the number of winfall wimmin with s.t.d.s and this will be your annual contribution to the BMT self insurance fund :tease:

• Like 2