Is Congress nuts?

41chevy

Virginia congressman says Congressman can't live on 174,000 a year and as members of the Board of Directers(?) of the U.S.A. deserve more money. I thought I was leaving this crap behind in N.Y. Paul :(

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/4/members-congress-are-underpaid-cant-live-decently-/

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The less you do the more you make, Obama gets the Nobel peace prize for ????, Nancy P and Harry R are worth multi-millions started out as poor little democrats. Congress works (That is what they call it) less then 130 days a year gets an Easter vacation (3 weeks) summer break (2 months) thanksgiving vacation (2 weeks) Christmas vacation ( although they don't call it that anymore for 3 weeks) plus 10 national holidays (MLK and Columbus day always on a Monday) Free Health Care (NOT Obamacare) Free Postal service, reduce lunch fees at the National Café, and their annual pay raises are automatic, they have to vote not to get one. Yes it must be tough to be under(over)paid. They should be paid with peanuts, they could stand on .every corner with a sign and sell them. Don't forget the lobbyist that push under the table benefits to all of them.

• Like 2

Harry S Truman when he left office along with Congressman and Senators received no pension or perks. By 1959 Harry and Bess were broke. He refused to cheapen the office of President by using his name to endorse goods and services of companies. Congress and Eisenhower passed legislation in 1961 to give Congressmen, Senators, the President and V.P. pensions and other perks for life after one term of service. LBJ and Congress amended the law to give benefits after one year of service. Before Ike, the elected officials went back to their lives and careers before their elections not the Federal Teat.

My family and I live okay on a hell of a lot less than $174,000 a year pay all my bills, feed my family, maintain my property and equipment, owe no money to anybody for anything and have enough left to bank some and give some to select Veterans groups. Why can't they live on it?

Also how does the Gentleman from Virginia feel he is on the Board of Directors for the U.S. thought he was an elected official.

Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Virginia congressman says Congressman can't live on 174,000 a year and as members of the Board of Directers(?) of the U.S.A. deserve more money. I thought I was leaving this crap behind in N.Y. Paul :(

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/4/members-congress-are-underpaid-cant-live-decently-/

they have got it down to a science now,,,so they do absolutely nothing,,,and keep getting raises for it...incredible,,,,they all need to be in jail,,,for stealing time,,,like the rest of us would be,,,or atleast removed from office and salary.you dont wanna work??,,down the road you go,,its as simple as that..(IDIOTS)..bob

• Like 1

I never understood why our elected officials that decided to run for office to help the people of our nation needed to make more than the people they serve. Just the fact that they get their pay, with raises if I remember right for life after just showing up for roll call makes me want to vomit, then they say its not enough, TOUGH SHIT! What would happen if you or I went to work and said Im gonna abstain from my job today I just dont want to do it. think about it it is their job to vote on the policies and issues of the nation and decide the best course of action, not for themselves but for THE GOOD OF THE NATION, why is that so freaking hard to understand? Why wont someone actually just remind them they swore an oath of office to uphold the constitution not an oath of their bank account. I think they should all be in jail for embezzlement, or grand larceny, technically its our money they are taking that constitutes larceny and the amount makes it grand larceny. I would if I took money and didnt work for it. I gotta quit reading these political threads or im gonna have a stroke.

ya,,,think were all on the same page,,,,seems everybody,s hands are tied while the nation is broke,,,they keep stealing more and more....no problem man,,,we need more we just get it from china,,,like wow man..bob

Also that is a myth about the retirement program they are covered under the same retirement plan as all federal employees FERS. It takes 5 years to be vested and can't draw until 65, look it up don't believe the hype as with all govt employees it is public knowledge

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Now if we could get somebody to enforce this legislation, we wouldn't have to pay out a dime to the entire pack. Seem most are guilty of commiting at least a few of these. Paul

Federal Pension Forfeiture Act

The Federal Pension Forfeiture Act , by Senators John Kerry (D-MA) and Ken Salazar (D-CO) that would cause a member of Congress to lose the pension due to:

Bribery of public officials or witnesses

Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud the United States

Perjury while denying the commission of bribery or conspiracy

Subornation of perjury committed in connection with false denial or false testimony of another individual

P.T.CHESHIRE

What about her? She said the ACA when off with no problems and is the most perfect law ever written...ya mean she lied? a politician lie??? I AM SHOCKED :blush:

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Polosi gave a speech here in Los Angeles stating that now with Obamacare health care is a right and no longer restricted to the privileged few! This means that those of us that work for a living and have had healthcare are the privileged few! What a croc. I do know quite a few people that are self employed and had there existing insurance canceled due to Obamacare. The best I can figure out is that Obamacare has outlawed the cheap basic insurance that the 20 and 30 year old generation typically has and forced them to buy more expensive insurance to fund the plan.

Actually the only thing it has done is waste millions of dollars. An insurance study just published said only 36% that signed up were previously uninsured. Most of them signed up for Medicare and Medicaid the real free insurance.

BTW about time on the HHS resigning, should have happened 6 months ago

Robert

Polosi gave a speech here in Los Angeles stating that now with Obamacare health care is a right and no longer restricted to the privileged few! This means that those of us that work for a living and have had healthcare are the privileged few! What a croc. I do know quite a few people that are self employed and had there existing insurance canceled due to Obamacare. The best I can figure out is that Obamacare has outlawed the cheap basic insurance that the 20 and 30 year old generation typically has and forced them to buy more expensive insurance to fund the plan.

Does anyone know what her and her husband do for a living? Interesting

Well her husband was the real estate broker that got the commission from selling off the postal buildings they shut down. They probably didnt make any money there though, and it definitely wasnt a conflict of interests.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well her husband was the real estate broker that got the commission from selling off the postal buildings they shut down. They probably didnt make any money there though, and it definitely wasnt a conflict of interests.

That was the other California democrat in the Senate husband , Dianne Feinsteins. Her husbands firm between 2009 and 2011 collected $108,319,000 in fees and compensation under the deal

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/12/firm-chaired-by-sen-feinsteins-husband-cashes-in-o/#ixzz2ygbil9zt

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Robert

That was the other California democrat in the Senate husband , Dianne Feinsteins. Her husbands firm between 2009 and 2011 collected $108,319,000 in fees and compensation under the deal

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/12/firm-chaired-by-sen-feinsteins-husband-cashes-in-o/#ixzz2ygbil9zt

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That would be Dianne Frankenfeinstein as Mark Levin calls her

Does anyone know what her and her husband do for a living? Interesting

INTERESTING! Ya know it gets even better when ya look up what Harry Reid (Who Was broke) has and how he got it! Now most of us would be il jail right now even if we thought about what these people have done and got away with!!

BULLHUSK

Don't forget the SOB turncoat Kerry who married the heiress of Heinz Corp... Doesn't Pelosi also have major interests in Dole?

They're all the same. Cumo in N.Y. privatized the Long Island Power Authority and "awarded" the contract to PSEG whom he and his girl friend own 30% of.... No conflict of interests there says he. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE