Upholstered door panels for later 1980 R Models

Go to solution Solved by kscarbel2,

Since you ol' Mackaholics are so good at finding parts for this Mack newbee owner, do you know where I can find the upholstery panels that were installed on the interior door panels of the R model Macks in the late 1980s ? Everyone I've asked so far, including the local Mack dealer doesn't know. Thanks, again !

• Solution

Also probably no longer available, but Mack interior trim supplier Belmor (vendor code 7909) was offering thru Mack dealers complete interior trim kits in Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 (http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/34169-mack-cabs/).

Belmor also offered the new style 1984-on interior design in beige color for older cabs. It was a sharp looking installation, a major upgrade over the old (pre-1984) beige "deluxe interior" option. I recall it being available with a full-size headliner, or a partial headliner (shorter in the front) intended for the installation of a (beige) overhead radio console.

http://belmor.com/index.html

Now, I did a quick search and came up with this seller for the 1984-on beige kit:

http://www.finditparts.com/t/300/manufacturer/mack//products/2604217/mack-204sx130

• Like 1

Just put a drivers side interior panel in a mid '90's RD. The owner had the local dealer search nationwide inventory.Had to wait a bit,but he got it. My '90's panels were held onto the doors with trim screws/washers. This one had like a interior rivet on the back,with holes drilled in the door. Guess I've been away too long. :blush:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thanks, guys, especially Big Dog. I found it on that link you gave me. They have them and they are pricey ($600+), but I'm going to get them. Do they install by with the present screws and washers on the interior door panel ?

It should come with all the fasteners you need. If I recall correctly, the 204SX130 is a straight installation with the full headliner for pre-1984 beige R-models (meaning, it isn't the version for adding the 1984-on overhead console).

I'm thrilled you were able to obtain it. Congratulations

It's been years but I think our dealers used to sell these kits for around $200-$300. I've no idea how/why this outfit still has these Belmor-manufactured Mack interior trim kits in stock. But I'm glad a few will be utilized now.

I'd have to guess the 204SX131 is "Level 1 Silver Gray" (remembering these numbers.....it's been a while), and that should have a headliner with the front shortened to allow for the overhead radio console.

dont waste your time. I contacted find it parts yesterday and the part number is listed on their website but item is out of stock and manufacturer no longer produces it. Unfortunatly same old story.

No surprise. A lot of websites either do not update their stock/listing or they want to get you to visit their site (can you say "cookie"?). I think they get a "woodie" seeing all the web hits. Either way mostly a waste of time and electrons.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 1 month later...

Just sharing, the 2000 CX 613 Vision I bought was in terrible, no, make that HORRIBLE shape as far as the interior goes so I made all new panels for the sleeper (has a condo) also for the doors including the side box doors and laid new carpet with pad in the sleeper. Took the seat covers off and washed them, replaced the foam and made the repairs which weren't bad. I know it's not "factory carpet nor colors" but it's a zillion percent better. I'll try to get pictures posted before I sell it.

• Like 1

Nothing between us but air and opportunity