Autocar

other dog

I kinda liked these when they were around,same guy I made the trip in the KW for had two of them, a matched pair, both were 425 Cats,and from what I was told some of the last trucks built (of any make) with a factory installed 6X4 trans. This guy Wm. (Billy) Chester was a notorious cheapskate,but didn't mind spending on FANCY equipment! paid his drivers shit,ran them harder then humanly possible,but he did have "pretty" trucks Lol! he never kept any drivers more than a few months! always had 1-2 trucks held-up at Caterpillar with "mechanics leans" against them! real fly by night operator he was! started beating people out of money,"cooking" the books even arranged for a benefit for his son who ran a dirt-modified (as it turns out,he wasn't hurt as advertised,but only broke) got in some hot water behind that too! Ended up going from 15-20 trucks and trailers to ZERO which didn't surprise anyone that knew the guy,real piece of work he was!.......................................Mark

Wm.Chester and Son Farms

Newfield,NJ

post-5836-0-11978200-1388797604_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I always liked the AT64 Autocars,too.There were a few local gravel guys had them around this area,when they came out.A nice red/black one had been running around the area for years.Last time I seen it,a "bullfighter" was driving it and it still looked nice (hard to believe). I think those cabs just rotted out quicker than a late '70's MACK! Kinda like the Western Stars of that era,also. They too were cursed with the soon to be perforated cab!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mark Nice picture. I think that Autocar Model was designated U- Model Thats the heaviest one I ever saw with the big rubber and tandem. Suicide doors look wild. There was a Father and Son from Pittsburg area that had a nice Uautocar with mixer on back single axle. They btought it to Macungie a few times. Joe D.

• Like 1

Mark Nice picture. I think that Autocar Model was designated U- Model Thats the heaviest one I ever saw with the big rubber and tandem. Suicide doors look wild. There was a Father and Son from Pittsburg area that had a nice Uautocar with mixer on back single axle. They btought it to Macungie a few times. Joe D.

There was one at the Kemp Auction, I got out bid on it.

1945-a-car-umodel.jpg[/url

]kempacar.jpg

1945-a-car-1_umodel.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It was a 5/3 with a RXC Hercules 529 cubic inch Flathead Six. REX 9 yarder filled with good ole stagnant water. Damn I wanted that truck.

I'm still negotiating on the Mystery Autocar

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

At least she's still alive.

Looks more run down now that it was "saved"

P.T.CHESHIRE