The Introduction of the MH-Ultra-Liner

I pulled down my headliner enough to get a peek and a picture of the lamp mount that is not focused very well. The round hole in the center is the AM/FM radio antenna. The holes for the lamp are 7 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches and as you can see the wire is hanging there. I called my Mack dealer and the part number is 22MO4234M2 but is NLA. He says it was not a Grote part but he could not remember who the vendor was.

It was a long time ago, might have been TruckLite.

Ron

Could you post with what the other models were powered? Thanks.

Here is the link for engine codes in the BMT wiki.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/78-mack-engine-codes/

As Mike indicated, Mack changed the system. Even with the old list in the wiki, an engine may be phased out so it may mean one engine and then 20 years later it means a different one.

For example, a "33" seems to be a Cummins Super 250 and years later "33" is a Cummins BC 400.

Not sure why a B833 I had years ago was powered by a Cummins 335? Never ran the number through the museum.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I know an CL643 was a Detroit. I also know of 1 RW643 built in Oakville as a test truck.

The 60 series was never available in the MH (as far as I know???) which made me think that it would be a 92 series Detroit. If MH's were ever built with 2 strokes?

I've seen the MH653 with CATs up here. Very few Cummins powered MH's up here even though I know they exist.

I pulled down my headliner enough to get a peek and a picture of the lamp mount that is not focused very well. The round hole in the center is the AM/FM radio antenna. The holes for the lamp are 7 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches and as you can see the wire is hanging there. I called my Mack dealer and the part number is 22MO4234M2 but is NLA. He says it was not a Grote part but he could not remember who the vendor was.

MH Fred and Farmer52

I pulled off my lamp today, checked it all over and there are no manufacturers stamps or imprints.... the green/black wire in the photo is the connection for the lamp..... if you need pics of the lamp send me a PM with an e-mail address.

BC Mack

I saw one MH at the local auction several years ago that had a 8V92 and a Allison auto.Super decked out,I want to say a '85 or '86 and wasn't over 5 years old at the time. There is a picture of this truck in one of the Mack picture books that are out,the Ron Adams one I think.

Also saw a small group of 6V92 powered MH's on a Taylor & Martin auction flyer several years ago.

Silvey Refrigerated Carriers from Omaha had a large fleet of MH's that were pretty much equally divided with E6-300 Mack,Formula 300 Cummins,and 3406 CAT's rated at 300hp.Taylor & Martin sold them out back in the later '80's .

• Like 1

MH Fred and Farmer52

I pulled off my lamp today, checked it all over and there are no manufacturers stamps or imprints.... the green/black wire in the photo is the connection for the lamp..... if you need pics of the lamp send me a PM with an e-mail address.

BC Mack

BC,

Thanks for checking the lamp. I sent a note to the Mack Museum to determine supplier. I checked Grote, Truck-lite, and Peterson catalogs and nothing even close. NLA from Mack so we will be looking in salvage yards.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ken,

I wonder if this light would have been used in the RV/conversion van world (not to mention sleeper manufacturers,other truck makers), also? Just a thought. Al p.s.By the way, there is an identical map light (to the one on page 20)on eBay right now.Item # 331083644805

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Ken,

I wonder if this light would have been used in the RV/conversion van world (not to mention sleeper manufacturers,other truck makers), also? Just a thought. Al p.s.By the way, there is an identical map light (to the one on page 20)on eBay right now.Item # 331083644805

Thanks for the note. Yes, likely same part used on other vehicles/applications.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"