Mack All-American figure

Wont see that again, at least ive only ever seen 1.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Mack had an "All-American Team" that salesmen and dealers would get named to after having a "banner year" in sales.I seem to remember it being in a early 70's BULLDOG magazine.The annual sales meeting included speakers like Coach Vince Lombardi & Bart Starr of the Green Bay Packers and a host of other football celebs.Guess the statue in question must have belonged to a distributor or salesman who made the team.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Good Job 57 BCR. I am not sure when the All-American promotion ended but it was during a very successful time for Mack Trucks.

In 1968 the Mack Salesmen competed against one another in truck sales. Awards were given to the top three teams. The prizes included televisions, All-American blankets, football charms and many other items. The winners also attended the super bowl in Miami. They were greeted by the Mayor and Vince Lombardi. They attended activities all week and finally the super bowl. The figurine was one of the items that was distributed to promote involvement in the All-American sales promotion.

Nice one Ron, now we know where two of them are...

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Just remember admitting you have a problem is the first step in a cure, I don't wanna be cured I like being crazy!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 12/1/2013 at 10:08 PM, Doug Maney said:

I found this at the York toy show today. I am familiar with the history behind it, what do you think?

post-91-0-20434800-1385953572_thumb.jpg

A ha! I found a Mack All-American football pendant in my yard and have spent a year going crazy with the research to try to find a football player who may have lost it. Now I have my answer -- it's not a football player at all!