Just an update on my progress on the MH E9

Marcel67

Well got the a/c working again installed a new compressor, custom build condenser and replace some new lines. Result ICE cold air!.Got the truck DOT inspected all was good so that's done. Fixed the ideling issues, replace the switch that engage the jake brake now working perfect and change all fluids and filters. So now it's going to he paint shop and I'm thinking to paint the chassis high gloss black and the cab fire truck red. ( any comments welcome) bought new cab marker light air horns and a new 18" steering wheel to replace the current big one. When all is done 2014 she got to go back to work and make some $$$$$$$. Thanks to all you guys at BMT that give me great advice. Hope to see you guys on the next big truck meeting.

• Like 2

That's what I like and wanted to do, but Florida is so hot in the summer and black is killing me. so i'm really divided in the color.

have you considered pulling down the headlining and wall panels and adding insulation to keep heat out??

doesn't appear to be too much in my MH, I'm going to add some just to keep the heat 'IN'.... Canada, eh..!!

there are quite a few high tech materials out there, but as I'm 'dollar challenged' I might go with Roxul which is available in batt or board from HD or Lowes...

not one to get into fancy paint schemes myself, but a two-tone cab, white from the windshield up and colour down, may help with your heat issue...

BC Mack

That's what I was thinking,they have some sharp metallic greys out too that would look great with a red frame.............................Mark

hmmmm...if you two toned it, maybe black with a gray or silver top. I always liked two tone paint jobs with lighter and darker shades of the same color.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hey marcel67, i live on the west coast of florida and i just eent and recovered a older mack too. I like your idea to go with a black frame but you should use Mack Red for the cab!! That's exactly what I'm doing on my superliner I just bought. Keep the update pictures coming. If your ever one the left coast of Florida I'd love to see it.

Good to see your progress, I dunno about red though, ever truck on the road is white,red or black seems like. I would keep the black with red frame or use a metallic blue or maybe even like a green with the red frame. As for the heat get some insulation in the ceiling and it'll stop that, or paint it two tone with silver on top and blue or green, or whatever on the bottom.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You could do silver or white from the body Line just under the windows up over the top and use a red pinstripe to separate the colors and tie them to the color of the frame. Would probably look pretty slick actually, then use silver/white and red for painted on lettering on the black paint on the lower half. Hmmm, I may do some sketching just to see what that would look like this week.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ok in regards the heads, they where rebuild all 70k miles ago and the main rods and bearing where replaced including one piston.. The fuel pump was rebuild less than 35k miles ago. So looks like I'm in good shape there. I'm thinking maybe to buy some spare parts like another a/c compressor maybe a complete block.

Yeah Ive been trying to track down some more E9 parts to hide in plastic in the garage(not getting many since Im broke)but Im looking!