Trip to states

Morning everyone after a few delays my wife and I are back on track to plan a trip to America to see how you all play trucks , look about ,go to some shows and hopefully catch you with a few people . Iam open to all suggestions of where to go (ps not smart ass comments ) what to see and who to meet thanks for any help Karl

You will find the largest number of trucks in one spot at the ATHS National Show in Springfield, MO. on May 29 thru the 31st. I would guess 8 or 900 trucks. There may be other local shows you could attend before and after this show. I hope you enjoy your trip here. I do not know the dates for Macungie but it would be a chance to see around 600 trucks.

The ATCA (Antique Truck Club of America) Annual Father's Day Macungie Truck Show is the largest annually held truck show in North America, usually having an attendance of 600+ trucks. This year's show will be on June 13-14, 2014. The show is located in Macungie, Pennsylvania in the region known as the Lehigh Valley. Macungie is also home to Mack Truck's Macungie Assembly Plant where all of Mack's North American trucks are assembled- which is open to the public for self-guided walking tours on the Saturday of the Truck Show. Mack provides buses free of charge from the show grounds over to the assembly plant. Also, located approx 15km away is the Mack Trucks Museum and Customer Service Center (formerly Corporate Research/Development and Engineering.) This is also open for tours during the show.

Macungie is located within an easy drive of New York City and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Laguardia and JFK Airports in NYC and Newark (New Jersey) Airport and the Philadelphia Airport are all within easy driving distance.

You are also about 3 hours north of Baltimore, Maryland and about 4 hours from Washington, DC. which you may wish to fit into your sightseeing of the States.

I reside in Hellertown, Pennsylvania about 25km from Macungie.

I would be happy to help you out and lend advice should you need it. I have a bunch of Aussie friends that I have helped with their arrangements a bunch of times. Let me know if you need anything!!! Cheers, Mate!

Randy Y

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Well I've never been there but the Macungie PA show is one ID like to see so I would have to vote for that too. If your into aircraft The Museum of the Air Force is located in Dayton OH, supposedly the largest collection of aircraft under roof in the world and they do have it all. I can't stand the town but in Chicago IL you have the world renowned Museum of Science and Industry, the Shedd Aquarium and the Willis (formerly Sears)Tower. I would tell you to come to TN but unless you like American Country music and liqueur there's not a lot of world famous stuff here, just a bunch of crazy folks.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The ATCA National Meet at Macungie is referred by many as the greatest antique truck show in the world. 600+ trucks, huge truck related flea market, craft area, ATCA Family Reunion on Friday evening, all in a beautiful park with grass, shade trees and a swimming pool.

Randy does makes good travel guide, he assisted Vlad this past yearwith no complaints. We will all do our part to make sure you get enough to see, eat, drink and buy.

June is an extremely active time of the year here in the eastern US for shows, activities and sightseeing.

Check out antiquetruckclubofamerica.org for information as it becomes available.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

If you are interested in trains, visit Strasburg Railroad Museum in Strasburg, PA and to the west is Altoona, PA home of the Horseshoe Curve and there is a railroad museum there too. However the best "bang for the buck" is the Macungie ATCA show and Mack.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

The ATCA National Meet at Macungie is referred by many as the greatest antique truck show in the world. 600+ trucks, huge truck related flea market, craft area, ATCA Family Reunion on Friday evening, all in a beautiful park with grass, shade trees and a swimming pool.

Randy does makes good travel guide, he assisted Vlad this past yearwith no complaints. We will all do our part to make sure you get enough to see, eat, drink and buy.

June is an extremely active time of the year here in the eastern US for shows, activities and sightseeing.

Check out antiquetruckclubofamerica.org for information as it becomes available.

I should open up a travel agency, now I have a bunch of Aussie Firefighter buddies yammering to come over that want to see certain sights within the FDNY and the Philadelphia Fire Department!!! LOL

• Like 1

Any idea on how you plan to get around? Just like Australia this is a big place and unless you have several months you will need to decide on a general area to see or plan on flying a lot to get around.

If you want to concentrate on history and the cities see the east coast; if natural sites are more of an interest plan on doing the western states.

We met an Aussie couple last year who have purchased a motor coach that they intend to use here for six months at a time over the next five years. They think it will take that much time to see it all if that gives you an idea of how much there is to do and see here.

I am about 40 miles south of Washington, DC. Be more than happy to help out if you want to come to DC.

And don't miss Macungie.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The ATCA (Antique Truck Club of America) Annual Father's Day Macungie Truck Show is the largest annually held truck show in North America, usually having an attendance of 600+ trucks.

Randy Y

Randy, could you please explain to me how 600 is larger than 8 to 900? If you specify in the same location annually, then I would agree. Your statement as written is not correct. BTW, I do come to Macungie and it is a great show in a great location.

Randy, could you please explain to me how 600 is larger than 8 to 900? If you specify in the same location annually, then I would agree. Your statement as written is not correct. BTW, I do come to Macungie and it is a great show in a great location.

Please excuse my faux pas. Largest annually held truck show- same time, same place. I hang my head in shame and will never do it again.

I agree with whats already been said about the truck shows and if your into trains strasburg is a class act and steamtown is a interesting visit as well. A lil bit farther south is Cass Scenic Railroad and the Durbin and Greenbrier Valley family of railroads. Cass is a orig. logging railroad that operates 5 geared shay locomotives up 4-6% average grade for 11 miles. D&GV trains opperate over ex. Western Maryland and C&O trackage. Two trains operate first generation EMD diesel and the other a rare Climax steam locomotive

Eric