C125 scrapped.

yarnall

post-7810-0-53753600-1381932764_thumb.jpHere is what I got. I was literally unscrewing things as they pulled the truck on the trailer and chained it down. I made them take the ladders and pike poles off before it left. I might buy them, but have to go back to MASS to get them, a 7 hour drive. I tried to get the Mack branded spot lights off of it, but it was leaving. I also wanted the mirrors and bracket, but not enough time. I should have made an offer for the entire truck, but it did not occur to me until the next day. I might still call the scrap yard and see if it has been cut up. The truck was complete. I really made me sad. He said this is the next truck to got to scrap. post-7810-0-79213100-1381933042_thumb.jp. He would not put a price on it. I am going to push him on it to make sure it does not get cut up. The truck is not in nearly as good of shape as the C125, but is ok. It is a B95FD Diesel. Next on the scrap list is this off brand. post-7810-0-11681900-1381933197_thumb.jp He is asking 12,500. It is a beautiful, complete truck, but who wants it. Not me. He said he will pull the engine, trans and tires and scrap the rest. He is a very nice guy, but he is a business man. He does have a 95LS. I would not let me load the picture. Mike

• Like 1

Sad when they sit and no one whats it...til one person shows up and realizes it's too late.

That ladder truck is cool, but what would you do with it? I remember building a similar model to that growing up. Ahhh, if we all had deep pockets LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I drive by that twice a day. He's got a nice old LJX2D if my eyes don't deceive me near the road and a B-61 tandem dump that looks sharp. A single rear white dump that is nice too. The stuff just sits year after year. If he wants 12,500 for a truck but doesn;t sell it except for scrap that doesn't make sense. A lower price to a collector seams to be a better deal for him than the scrap price would bring. I could go up and help rescue stuff if it helps. Did you you get the name of the scrap guy taking it by chance?

Let me know. I hate to see it go to the bone yard.

Greg

I don't get it either.

Why have a high price and no sale and then all of a sudden there is a rush to get rid of something for scrap pricing? Figure out what scrap price is and then add some margin and then sell it to someone that WANTS it!!!

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I have tried to contact him several times about that B model sedan cab. No luck.

And as Jim said he prices well above what the trucks sell for in the real world. The ALF is nice enough, but no one wants a ladder truck because they are hard to store and move around so it really lowers their value. About $4k is probably a good starting point.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Yes, That Volvo-ism thing was a disappointment.

Volvo aquired Autocar when it purchased White. When Volvo wanted to buy Mack from Renault the Feds made them sell White. A company bought the White Expeditor design and the Autocar name and now makes Autocar Expeditors in Illinous. Mike

In typical fashion, the seller wants to make a "good" buck on the item if they are selling it to a collector, but then scrap price is good enough if they don't get anyone interested.

Sounds like a typical Epay auction. "If no one buys it for the inflated "I want MUCHO GRANDE" for it, then I'll take a few bucks from the scrappers.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"