MP7 Rebuild at 110,00 Miles

I have a 2008 GU713 with 110,00 miles that already needs an engine rebuild. The rings were broken on #1 and #6 and scratching on the others. Our Mack Dealer tried to get Mack to pick up some of the cost and they refused. The cost is almost $15k. We own 6 Mack trucks from different years and haven't had issues. Has anyone had ring issues with the MP7?

I never had engine problems,but had a Mack transmission fail in a 2007 at 480k miles that Mack wouldn't cover one dime on. The DSM didn't help either. In the 40+ years we've ran Macks,never ever did spend a dime on a Mack transmission or rear end,other than maybe a leaking seal. That was over a year ago and I'm still pissed.

• Like 1

DSM is the one that said we were on our own.

Just another example of mother Vulva tightening the noose on Mack's customer service, along with the future of the brand....The DSM's are limited by what corporate Vulva says. It is only going to get worse, NOT better.

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

try to contact David McKenna he was the powertrain guru for Mack and is still one of the top dogs from the Old Mack undedr the new ownership see if he can help, hes the one that put my 04 Granite in the Bulldog magazine I talked to him at mack of Nashville for a while one night he was a great guy with a ridiculous amount of old Mack knowledge. his old business card lists..... office 610-709-3898, cell 610-653-5095, and email david.mckenna@macktrucks.com

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thanks everyone for the input. I had called Mack Corporate to file a complaint and they told me that someone would get back to me in 4-6 weeks. The company and the product aren't what they were. This a boom truck for concrete that is vital to our business so I didn't have much choice but to have them fix it. I am shocked that with $8k in parts Mack or the dealer wont do anything.

I was ready to go and order a new Mack road truck.This post stopped me in my tracks.I don't have many choices left.International-out,Freightliner-out,KW-out,ISX-out,Only left standing is Peterbilt with Paccar and Mack.Now Mack is on the chopping block.

• Like 2

I was ready to go and order a new Mack road truck.This post stopped me in my tracks.I don't have many choices left.International-out,Freightliner-out,KW-out,ISX-out,Only left standing is Peterbilt with Paccar and Mack.Now Mack is on the chopping block.

I wouldn't be scared of new,because you are going to have warranty. The way it was "explained" to me was that I was over 5 years in service with the truck,which is well and good ,but I still find it totally unacceptable for a Mack transmission to fail with less than 500k and I sure as hell would hope that they would too and want to keep a customer happy.

Peterbilt will be your best friend until the ink dries on your check.

• Like 2

Yeah don't expect much from Pete, kw is better but its still pa car. The newer ISX 13 and 15 Cummins is doing well from what I hear, actually from what I'm hearing they are the best of all of them for issues.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I just ordered a new Western Star 4700 with Detroit's 13 liter 470 hp motor, I also ordered another W-S 4900 glider but this time we're gonna get it with the motor (Power glider 575 hp non EGR Detroit) and put our trans and rears in. The rolling glider we did last year so far is workin out OK and the fuel mi for a 575 hp motor is good (over 6 mpg). There was a time I would not buy anything but Mack but they just would not stand behind there product! Why? I don't know! I don't like to knock Mack on this site out of respect to Barry and Watts Mack, but it is frustrating when you try to be a loyal Mack guy and they( Mack PSR) turn there back on ya? I just don't get it??

BULLHUSK

• Like 2

Yeah don't expect much from Pete, kw is better but its still pa car. The newer ISX 13 and 15 Cummins is doing well from what I hear, actually from what I'm hearing they are the best of all of them for issues.

from what I see is the ISX's don't get the fuel milage as good as Detroit or Mack.I want at least 7.5 with 1750ftlb and 455 hp.with direct drive.

i wouldnt touch cummins, everything i hear is mack/volvo is the best engine right now. i know several guys with 2010 and newer cummins isx 15 that hate them . sensors and injector problems and cracked heads .

I don't think any newer diesels will ever be reliable long lasting engines, there's too much electronics and too much heat and back pressure on them. I still think if I needed a newer truck I would look for an 07 back and just rebuild the whole truck. You can make it whatever you want that way and you'll get better fuel mileage and reliability, oh and no FET.

03 and older, no EGR

BULLHUSK

• Like 1