1931 Standard Oil of California Fire Truck

wdnever4get

post-15154-0-23038600-1371432184_thumb.j

Hello all,

Well I am new to the group and I'm looking for some help. I currently work for Chevron Fire Department in Richmond, CA, We are in the process of trying to find our old Mack fire truck from 1934. Back in the day, we were known as Standard Oil of California. I have contacted the Mack Museum and I've got our spec sheet and delivery info for our Mack. It was a 1931 Chassis, #6BK6S-1033, that was built for us in the Los Angeles Mack yard. We didn't take delivery until 4/30/1934, so I'm not sure what year the truck was registered as.

We had the engine until around 1961 when it apparently was sold at auction to somebody. Unfortunately I don't know what auction or to whom, since our records here are sketchy.

Anyone with any information, please contact us. Or does anyone have any ideas where we can go from here. We currently have some police officers doing a VIN search for us, but no leads yet. I attached a picture of the old girl from 1936.

Thanks,

Wes Dacko

Captain

Chevron FIre Department

510-685-8827

Sorry, I can't be of any help in your search but that would be a great find for your fire department. I think that it is great when a fire department restores one (or more) of its Mack fire trucks.

There are some departments around here that have restored antique Macks and other departments, like yours, that would love to find a former Mack truck. Good luck with your search, keep

us posted.

bulldogboy

welcome aboard wes,,im outa reno,,not many of us this side of the chart.lol..I drive thru California everynight for fedex freight,,,i used to do business with LA mack...I don't even know if their still there,,think everything moved to Fontana....best of luck with your search....bob

Hi Wes:

If you don't already know about them, you might place a (FREE) information/apparatus wanted advertisement on the SPAAMFAA website (Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of Antique Motor Fire Apparatus in America). Their web site is at www.spaamfaa.org. There are also two active SPAAMFAA Chapters in California, the California Chapter at http://www.calspaamfaa.com/, and the Southern California Chapter at http://www.crownfirecoach.org/ . Don't let the name scare you, they are not only about Crowns. You might get lucky with one of their members remembering your Mack. Good luck with the search.

Edited by paulromano

Thanks for the info guys. I have been trying to hit every angle. Question about the engine number, though. So are we talking about the engine's serial number. Our paperwork says it was BK26-92. That number seems so short for a VIN, even for the 30's.

Thanks for the info guys. I have been trying to hit every angle. Question about the engine number, though. So are we talking about the engine's serial number. Our paperwork says it was BK26-92. That number seems so short for a VIN, even for the 30's.

I have a 1958 FWD pumper and the VIN is a letter and 5 numbers.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Yep, the engine SN. That is the "VIN" that my truck was titled with. Some fire apparatus had VIN's like "001" etc. back in the day.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!