What year and make

start with the motor vehicle office in your state, since its been in your family for so long and you can prove that, maybe they will get you a duplicate, looks like it still has the frame under it in the front, the sn# should be stamped on the right side in the wheel opening

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I also think it's LJ.

Sorry to see the frame cutted through.

As for the vent windows they make sence of course but I think they started from about 1944.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks for the info.

Without knowing any information about the reason for cutting "hacking" the frame up. Why does it matter to any of y'all. The truck has been in my family for four generations. We take trucks all the time and shorten and lengthen frames. This particular truck has probably been cut on more than it should have. I had an opportunity to take a truck that has not ran in about 40 years and get it running again. If I had to cut the frame to do what I wanted and needed to, that is why I love this country of ours we can do as we please with property.

When a new member gets on and everyone wants to ???????!?!!!!! O my gosh I can't believe he cut a frame. If you don't want to help me with my question then don't but I really don't need your input in what to do to my truck to get it running again.

So if I don't use the stock frame I can't use the title. This does not sound correct but then again I am not a god like the rest of ?????????

Wanted to say thanks again for the good input I did receive

nope didn't mean any harm but when YOU ask about a serial number its pretty hard to find it or us to tell you where it is when its probably on its way to China. and most states wont let you register an old truck like that without a pencil etchin of the original serial number

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

One other possibility when checking with your DMV. It is possible it was last titled with the engine serial number as the VIN. Down here in Texas, back in the '50s, some Macks were titled by the engine serial number. When I bought my truck the Texas title had the engine serial number as the VIN. I applied for a corrected title and furnished a pencil rubbing of the number stamped into the frame. No problemo - new title in the mail in 2 weeks. I wanted to use the chasis number since I intend to repower it. Just sayin, since you have the engine, maybe worth checking it that way too with your DMV. Most every state DMV can quickly check for a title by keying in the VIN - so give them the engine serial number and see if it comes up. I'm sure it can be figured out somehow. Good luck!