1956 Hough loader

41chevy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

With what's going on these days. I've had some extra time for looking at things on the inter web .  I've been chatting with others about old tractors and construction equipment. 

I thought It was interesting that one of my searches led me here. Back to the BMT website. 

I know this loader. I haven't run it, or even heard it running. I was just fortunate to get a bit of a personal tour form one of the owners employees. 

Thanks 41 chevy ,for the great run down on it . Its very interesting. 

Thats me on it, fall of 2013.  

149523585_Image2.jpg.5dccbb48603e8adbca918e5d7ff6b0c9.jpg

Keith 

2 hours ago, GreenGiant2 said:

That's the rare bird. Based on a td-9 chassis. Who's machine.

Thats amazing ,that its based on a TD-9. Sure doesn't resemble one . 

Its James Dick's. Its the machine that's in the very first post. He's a very nice man  that likes to see history preserved . He has saved a lot of old iron from being turned into pop cans and razor blades. 

Keith 

On 4/10/2020 at 3:25 PM, 85snowdog said:

With what's going on these days. I've had some extra time for looking at things on the inter web .  I've been chatting with others about old tractors and construction equipment. 

I thought It was interesting that one of my searches led me here. Back to the BMT website.

I know this loader. I haven't run it, or even heard it running. I was just fortunate to get a bit of a personal tour form one of the owners employees. 

Thanks 41 chevy ,for the great run down on it . Its very interesting. 

Thats me on it, fall of 2013.  

149523585_Image2.jpg.5dccbb48603e8adbca918e5d7ff6b0c9.jpg

Yes I was lucky to be at the Spring Thaw Show up north at the time when it was being unloaded. Had a very interesting talk about it and the resto done on it.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wow! I have never seen a Hough tracked loader. And I have a bunch of IH history books and have never seen that mentioned. I know mostly the wheel loaders and the Paylogger tree skidders were made in Quebec Canada.

I have ran a couple Hough wheel loaders, a 65 and the 560. The 560 was strong. We used to use it to move the crushers and lift parts for the crushers.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...