Some milling for Tim

RFCDrum

OK Rob, Tammy let me take her picture for a good causeattachicon.gifLittleton-20131016-00184.jpgShe is a great driver and takes care of her truck like no other.

Thank you but I agree with mister Hancock we need a pic of her next to her truck. Tell her it is mandatory and requested by the forum. I agree with Reel I hate it when they do spillage going from side to side with the trucks. Intercounty Paving is famous for this with douching the side of your truck.

A good operator shuts off his belt when switching trucks and spills none, maybe pass that along to them.attachicon.gif100_2258.JPGNumber one ground man and operator here! 2 million SY through the Wirtgen this year!attachicon.gif100_2256.JPG

I think if i told them that they would look at me like i have 5 heads and then when they would load me they would get millings all over my hood on purpose!

I hate when they have us line the truck next another so they could keep the milling machine going. Milling all over the side of the truck

We don't need to worry about the operator............But the truck next to you to stay in their lane,, dodging mirrors

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I think if i told them that they would look at me like i have 5 heads and then when they would load me they would get millings all over my hood on purpose!

We try to get along with our drivers. We are all trying to get the job done and if we are all on the same page it makes the job and day go by that much easier. Good communication is the key and our head sets really help with talking to the drivers.

We don't need to worry about the operator............But the truck next to you to stay in their lane,, dodging mirrors

If they can't stay on their side in 22 ft. of lane they need to find another job and not make your job that much harder.post-426-0-29844200-1382303894_thumb.jpgOne of our low bed trucks with a 600 cummins. First time I've seen this one out of Maine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tim I read where Pike Vermont is owned by Old Castle Materials from Ireland. I have a tri-axle dump on with Pennsy Supply,pittston,Penna.It is also part of the Oldcastle group.I have been working with them about 10 years now. Their money is always on time with no long wait. That's a bonus in this business as some companies I worked for you have to wait up to 6 months to get paid.They also have some Wirtgen Millers in Pittston and Dorrance,Pa.We are also about finished with hotrocks for the year just have to finish up some small jobs.I have been with the milling crew the last 4 or 5 weeks every day small roads and alleys.Joe D.

Tim I read where Pike Vermont is owned by Old Castle Materials from Ireland. I have a tri-axle dump on with Pennsy Supply,pittston,Penna.It is also part of the Oldcastle group.I have been working with them about 10 years now. Their money is always on time with no long wait. That's a bonus in this business as some companies I worked for you have to wait up to 6 months to get paid.They also have some Wirtgen Millers in Pittston and Dorrance,Pa.We are also about finished with hotrocks for the year just have to finish up some small jobs.I have been with the milling crew the last 4 or 5 weeks every day small roads and alleys.Joe D.

That's great Joe and yes Old Castle owns Pike since 1992. It's nice to hear your not waiting to get paid, with the cost of running a truck the sooner the better for you guys'. We have one day in Cabot and one day milling for storm Irene damage then done milling for the year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Glad to hear a lot of areas are going. We are always the last do to our extreme weather. Reel, sounds like you'll be putting in some great hours! That always helps with the bank account. Brought back a couple of our Granites from the dealer the other day for our dirt division starting on Mondaypost-426-0-28535500-1397268246_thumb.jpg

Tim we have about 2 tons of cold patch left. I went by the pile yesterday and it had a sign from factory that said permanent material. I will have to read sign better. I never was on a cold patch job. I only hauled truck loads of it to customers. As you said plenty of them this year. Now all we need is for the State of Penna. to get some cabbage. Joe D.

Intercounty paving just started one of many jobs they have on long Island this year, a twenty five mile mill and fill job out east in the Hamptons,they use all flow-boys for both milling and paving..

I think Tilcon opened up early so they could pave parts of the Q bridge project in New Haven besides that no one started. I know Tilcon told the town of East Haven to go elsewhere for cold patch since they owed them so much so the town was going to all the hardware stores and buying all the bags they had.

• Like 1

Matt