Some milling for Tim

RFCDrum

Ha ha the term is in the Jersey truck thread with Chuck P and Mark. You guys were talking about different sayings and stuff. The Pine Barrens is a section of New Jersey and a lot of the people that live there are different to say the least. Kind of like Stag Hill in Mahwah,NJ with the Ramapo Indians. :rolleyes:

Yeah we got the pine barrens on the east end of L.I. we have a few "odd" people who live there to along with the Mornig Indians and the Shinacock Indians. Paul

See you know what I am talking about. :)

I'm stressing looking at this. Too much maintenance for me.

It only wears out when we use it :) Here are a couple more of the tear downpost-426-0-68381700-1364519257_thumb.jpgLower pulley bearing.....it's shot and the pulley too.

Prepping the lower conveyor for the new beltpost-426-0-24272900-1364519349_thumb.jpgHave to do some welding on the thin areas do to the failed bearingpost-426-0-11443200-1364519440_thumb.jpg

This is on the Wirtgen or the Cat?

Wirtgen W2100

Have you seen videos of the giant Wirtgen milling machine for mining? I didn't know they mined that way. Pretty cool. Look it up on You tube.

I've seen it last year at Wirtgen school. Pretty impressive but you'd want to wear one good respirator!

You NY/Vt guys probably know Gorman Bros out of Albany. I was in their Albany yard say 5-10 years ago and noticed a large pile of "scrap". It was a milling machine. They were out on a job and hit a gas line. Operator saw it and managed to get off the machine before it blew. The job had been marked but the story was the gas line was a directional drill job and apparently when they bored it, they hit some hard material and the line took path of least resistance and "bumped up" enough to get in the critical zone. Boom!

You NY/Vt guys probably know Gorman Bros out of Albany. I was in their Albany yard say 5-10 years ago and noticed a large pile of "scrap". It was a milling machine. They were out on a job and hit a gas line. Operator saw it and managed to get off the machine before it blew. The job had been marked but the story was the gas line was a directional drill job and apparently when they bored it, they hit some hard material and the line took path of least resistance and "bumped up" enough to get in the critical zone. Boom!

I heard about that, we work with Gorman Bros. on some VT. projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you on 89 or 91?

The BDR Peterbilt going by in the picture is out of Bellows Falls. The place is owned by some "car guys" and they are always working on antiques, trucks or Mopar drag cars which have run in ss/ma.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Like the good old days working at night.

Hate working nights but will have ramps to do and the year is early!

Are you on 89 or 91?

The BDR Peterbilt going by in the picture is out of Bellows Falls. The place is owned by some "car guys" and they are always working on antiques, trucks or Mopar drag cars which have run in ss/ma.

We are on 91 south St.J to Newbury 18 miles. Milling 2.2 miles a day high speed lane which = 20650 SY / Low speed is 1.85 miles @ 23877SY. I see BDR all the time.post-426-0-57361900-1367547921_thumb.jpg

I guess because you are more rural you can mill during the day. They don't do any milling by us only at night. Actually it doesn't really matter anymore as there is rush hour 23 hours a day in our area the traffic never stops.

Cheers, Rob

• Like 1