Some milling for Tim

RFCDrum

Some pics from today.They are milling and filling RT 17 North from Lodi NJ to the end of Paramus. They have three millers working this. These guys do a good job and their equipment is always immaculate.

Cheers, Rob

post-8724-0-93251600-1368318534_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-01751900-1368318555_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-07282900-1368318576_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-78632900-1368318589_thumb.jp

I hate those tripods. They are a P.I.T.A. to load. hell the 4 tracks aren't much better.

Hey Tim Question for you. I have only seen it a few times but why do they go backwards in soft material loading trucks? Instead of going forward.

Some pics from today.They are milling and filling RT 17 North from Lodi NJ to the end of Paramus. They have three millers working this. These guys do a good job and their equipment is always immaculate.

Cheers, Rob

Big machine Rob and it is well taken can of. 900 + horsepower and 7' to 12' drums. Never ran one but seen them in action. I don't like the tri pod configuration. I think they have gotten away from that now.

I hate those tripods. They are a P.I.T.A. to load. hell the 4 tracks aren't much better.

Hey Tim Question for you. I have only seen it a few times but why do they go backwards in soft material loading trucks? Instead of going forward.

The old ingersol rands loaded trucks from the back but never have seen the type you have mentioned. Mary Poppins got his second Umbrellapost-426-0-09880200-1368357704_thumb.jpgand the guy that drives this old Superdog has been driving it for 17 years!post-426-0-88441600-1368357864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hee tell Mary we are making fun of him. The old Cat my old bosses family has you back under the belt. More challenging. Makes your clutch leg get big and strong. :)

Never worked with one like that and bet it was a challenge to stay under! Here we are backing up for the last passpost-426-0-15524100-1368430941_thumb.jpgand our drivers catching up on the days events. My truck takes a beating with the over spray of dust, then it sticks in the sunpost-426-0-24505100-1368431078_thumb.jpgfun to wash off on the weekend!

Do you use spotters to load the trucks or are they on there own,guy I work for doesn't,they use the horn on the miller,just a matter of time before someone gets there hood dumped on..

That would suck. We used to put the tarp up a little bit to keep shit off of the hood. You can hear it hit the bulkhead most of the time. I like it when you have a shadow with the sun or at night with the spots you can sort of see the outlines to follow.

Cheers, Rob

Really? Never seen that before. Best place to be is the dump for the sweeper. :)

Sweeper truck has it the best. Doesn't burn a lot of fuel. I make sure they share.

Do you use spotters to load the trucks or are they on there own,guy I work for doesn't,they use the horn on the miller,just a matter of time before someone gets there hood dumped on..

We wear head sets to talk with each other and also with the trucks through the CB. We double truck every pass to help with production.

That would suck. We used to put the tarp up a little bit to keep shit off of the hood. You can hear it hit the bulkhead most of the time. I like it when you have a shadow with the sun or at night with the spots you can sort of see the outlines to follow.

Cheers, Rob

Sometimes we might get a little on the side but have not on the hood this year.

The truck in front of the mill just got loaded and the operator swings the boom over to the empty truck who then pulls in front of the mill.

post-426-0-23875600-1368583117_thumb.jpg

Interesting, short bodies with big sideboards. Doing milling with the skid steer you don't usually see that with highway work. More so with parking lot maintenance around by me.

Rob here in Vermont the state wants the mix kept hot as long as possible so we put roll tarps on all the trucks and the trimmers help with milling a whole lot!post-426-0-02799900-1369271314_thumb.jpgA Raven's nest with babies was on the job.

• 1 month later...

Working on I 91 near Brattleboro for Gorman Brothers over lay. We are milling butt joints and bridge decks. post-426-0-79298200-1371949882_thumb.jpgGeorge trimming the edges of the bridges post-426-0-35826400-1371949946_thumb.jpgGeorge thought it was funny putting this label on my hard hatpost-426-0-86744300-1371950353_thumb.jpgI walked around with it all day before I noticed it. HA HA George!