Some milling for Tim

RFCDrum

Tim we have about 2 tons of cold patch left. I went by the pile yesterday and it had a sign from factory that said permanent material. I will have to read sign better. I never was on a cold patch job. I only hauled truck loads of it to customers. As you said plenty of them this year. Now all we need is for the State of Penna. to get some cabbage. Joe D.

I have seen the boys' making cold patch and it is a nasty job to say the least. The stuff is wicked expensive too but it does save a lot of vehicles from pot hole hell. Hopefully your state will have road money too!

Intercounty paving just started one of many jobs they have on long Island this year, a twenty five mile mill and fill job out east in the Hamptons,they use all flow-boys for both milling and paving..

We also do "round robin" with our trialxes and flowboys. As long as plenty of peanut oil is applied in the bodies it works great and there is a huge saving in trucking. A hot body out of the paver means milling will stick at the cold planer and then you'll have 5 plus trucks at the plant trying to scrape the milling out and then we are waiting for trucks. Here is one from last year in a small town that did warn it in the paper but the folks on the road didn't pay attention till they had 6" to drive over. Was interesting...post-426-0-49321500-1397305400_thumb.jpg

post-426-0-52774300-1397305554_thumb.jpg

There was 1 mile stretch on 91n in Weatherfeild CT that was so bad that about 50% asphalt came up so the state milled all three lanes .

Back in the mid 1980's the bridge contractor I worked for did an emergency bridge job in Weatherfield on the old Rt.3 bridge and hired Costello for the milling on 91. It was quite an adventure back then!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim was part of your crew in Swanzey, NH on Friday 4/25? Saw a PII KWhopper with a tri axle RGN. Does PII have a location closer this way? Memory says that maybe there was a plant in Belmont or Guilford?

I remember you were doing some working on 91 down south a while back.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Hi Tim was part of your crew in Swanzey, NH on Friday 4/25? Saw a PII KWhopper with a tri axle RGN. Does PII have a location closer this way? Memory says that maybe there was a plant in Belmont or Guilford?

I remember you were doing some working on 91 down south a while back.

Hi Jim, Yes all over NH and the NH crew was working in Swanzey that week. I've been on I91 in St. Johnsbury for a week and have been very busy! Went and picked up the new skid steer and realized it wasn't a high dump...I think we'll go with plan B!post-426-0-75760200-1399156469_thumb.jpg