Some milling for Tim

RFCDrum

Years ago we were milling in the middle of Newark, NJ at night no less and the milling machine hit cobble stone and broke a bunch of teeth.

Here I am after a long night of milling. I marked this man hole and my ground man set up and over it on the first pass but hit it on the gutter pass....oh well everyone was beat and I had some splan'in to do of it.post-426-0-90475900-1363960247_thumb.jpg

Ugly. You screwed that right up. When we were milling RT 80 in Hackensack the machine caught the storm drain and ripped it out of the ground. We couldn't finish paving until after 6 AM so they were getting fined up the ass by the state.

Ugly. You screwed that right up. When we were milling RT 80 in Hackensack the machine caught the storm drain and ripped it out of the ground. We couldn't finish paving until after 6 AM so they were getting fined up the ass by the state.

We don't do a lot of mill and fill so there is time to fix the boo boo's and I'm sure it will happen again this year.post-426-0-32575400-1363968178.jpgA shot from above.

the owner of the machine was Topline Const out of nj

Oh green and silver trucks. Mostly Mack tri axles. I 've seen them around. Sucks for them. I was thinking if they hit the main only an inch down then that road at one point was probably lowered and the mark out was correct but was deeper at one time. There is no way they put it on top that much. I could see maybe 12 inches being shallow for rocks and stuff but that's just crazy.

We call that black gold and it get's used in may different ways. The most expensive part of black top is the oil and so it get's reused. If you can ever get any for your door yard it will last forever.

What the hell is that?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Do you hang out on the front stoop, too?

Ah yes the front stoop....enjoyed many years swinging on the glider with my Grandma on the front stoop on the farm in Connecticut. One they don't get up here is Package Store.....Here you can buy it any day any time and anywhere. Also the term "HOT" from southern NE it means= that girl is good looking! Northern NE it means= I drank a lot last night, I was hot!

Front stoop in Queens, NY maybe....

A tri state saying like....Oy vay and Mashugana you don't have to speak Yiddish to know or have heard these.

That's almost as bad as being a Piney. LOL

Rob, there's one I've never heard. Is that because you live in a pine forest? :) and back to some milling, this week we will be doing this againpost-426-0-10405000-1364041116_thumb.jpgOY VAY!

post-426-0-35530200-1364041201_thumb.jpgLower belt after 1200 hours took another beating.

Black gold? your tellin me. that stuff is definalty like gold around here. usually someone has ties with the state or something and ends up with a big pile in their yard that they just happen to have room for and resell it. one local truckin company was letting the state store the grinding in their yard last year until the guys pile ended up a lot bigger than the states piles and they loaded it all up and moved it somewhere else. i know a few local contractors that run in back thru a paver really slow and it layes down pretty smooth for a base as long as its fresh. if you let it sit for months in a pile its all clumps and a pain to work with.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Ah yes the front stoop....enjoyed many years swinging on the glider with my Grandma on the front stoop on the farm in Connecticut. One they don't get up here is Package Store.....Here you can buy it any day any time and anywhere. Also the term "HOT" from southern NE it means= that girl is good looking! Northern NE it means= I drank a lot last night, I was hot!

A tri state saying like....Oy vay and Mashugana you don't have to speak Yiddish to know or have heard these.

Rob, there's one I've never heard. Is that because you live in a pine forest? :) and back to some milling, this week we will be doing this againattachicon.gif100_1487.JPGOY VAY!

attachicon.gif100_1490.JPGLower belt after 1200 hours took another beating.

Ha ha the term is in the Jersey truck thread with Chuck P and Mark. You guys were talking about different sayings and stuff. The Pine Barrens is a section of New Jersey and a lot of the people that live there are different to say the least. Kind of like Stag Hill in Mahwah,NJ with the Ramapo Indians. :rolleyes:

F me man! We've hit just about everything under a road but a gas line and hope to never to that! Thanks for the info! That was a new W250 and it cost more than 700,000 thousand.....try 850,000!

You see what he said. He said it wasn't marked. The owner of Top Line said he didn't know why. He should of said I called for the mark out and they said all clear and here is my conformation ticket you get emailed to you. He is f...ked! He should of never said anything to the news.

You see what he said. He said it wasn't marked. The owner of Top Line said he didn't know why. He should of said I called for the mark out and they said all clear and here is my conformation ticket you get emailed to you. He is f...ked! He should of never said anything to the news.

I have to agree....

Years ago I was doing a job in Allendale NJ. I called for a mark out. They were taking their sweet time with it and got impatient and decided to start with some of the work. PSE&G came to mark out the gas (mind you this was around the time those exterminators blew up a house in Waldwick NJ and injured some people). Very nice guy but he says to me I am supposed to write you up because you started before the mark out. He didn't but they were starting to crack down and when you get written up you have to go to a hearing with PSE&G themselves. They have their own court with their own judge. The fines are horrendous. You're not even supposed to put a shovel in the ground with out one. They are all using these independent mark out companies now that never get it very accurate and they take their sweet time getting to the jobs but you have to wait fir them and get your confirmation tickets and emails.

Ha ha the term is in the Jersey truck thread with Chuck P and Mark. You guys were talking about different sayings and stuff. The Pine Barrens is a section of New Jersey and a lot of the people that live there are different to say the least. Kind of like Stag Hill in Mahwah,NJ with the Ramapo Indians. :rolleyes:

Yeah we got the pine barrens on the east end of L.I. we have a few "odd" people who live there to along with the Mornig Indians and the Shinacock Indians. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE