B model tiller on Ebay

yarnall

Not the same one but came from the same place. Philadelphia retractored a few Amercain LaFrance 700 tillers 1950 vintage with new 1960 Mack B85 's .These are 2 from that time that made it out . The one on E-bay was given a new diesel air brakes rear and compete paint job so it could go down the Interstate with no problems. it is owned by Wayne King and he has had it on E-bay before . The one at Matts is owned by John ? at this time who lives in Greene Island on the New York border with Canada. That one is still gas 707c but if he kepts it will also go over to diesel.

Its a 1964 B model on the pole. I will post pics of it shortly. As for the tiller, mine is the sister to Wayne's truck. The Philadelphia Fire Dept. replaced the 3 America LaFrance tractors with 3 1962 B-85F open cab tractors. One of the trucks was completely scrapped; Wayne found his in a junkyard some years ago and spent every holiday and every weekend for at least 2 years bringing the truck back to original but with some changes. I bought mine on EBay almost 4 years ago in very good original condition and it is currently undergoing restoration at Matt's shop as I write this. We removed the 707C gas engine and replaced it with a 237 Mack diesel with the 5 speed Maxitorque transmission-both came out of a U Model single axle dump-sorry Vinny. The problem with the gas engine was twofold; no parts available and a 2 miles per gallon fuel consumption so there simply was no way that you could drive it anywhere. There are other modest changes to be made-I will post pics and details as soon as I can get down to the shop. Just got back from Philadelphia and I plan to be in the shop not this week but next week-if you are reading this Matt, I cannot make it next week as I originally suggested. After that, its Amarillo and then Tokyo.

John

Its a 1964 B model on the pole. I will post pics of it shortly. As for the tiller, mine is the sister to Wayne's truck. The Philadelphia Fire Dept. replaced the 3 America LaFrance tractors with 3 1962 B-85F open cab tractors. One of the trucks was completely scrapped; Wayne found his in a junkyard some years ago and spent every holiday and every weekend for at least 2 years bringing the truck back to original but with some changes. I bought mine on EBay almost 4 years ago in very good original condition and it is currently undergoing restoration at Matt's shop as I write this. We removed the 707C gas engine and replaced it with a 237 Mack diesel with the 5 speed Maxitorque transmission-both came out of a U Model single axle dump-sorry Vinny. The problem with the gas engine was twofold; no parts available and a 2 miles per gallon fuel consumption so there simply was no way that you could drive it anywhere. There are other modest changes to be made-I will post pics and details as soon as I can get down to the shop. Just got back from Philadelphia and I plan to be in the shop not this week but next week-if you are reading this Matt, I cannot make it next week as I originally suggested. After that, its Amarillo and then Tokyo.

John

Any pictures of the U's??

I'd be curios to see how he got the B model up there and how its on that pole.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg