Waylon Jennings H-67 Straigh Truck

In the late 70's Waylon Jennings had a guy in Knoxville Tn. Build him an H-67 straight truck.Before everyone starts telling me that he never had one I need to tell you that I actually saw it in 80 while going thru Knoxville on I-75.

HE HAD IT BUILT AND NEVER PICKED IT UP.

The guy who built it asked me 50 grand for it and told me that Waylon was having money problems and couldn't afford to pay him the balance still owed. All that I was paying for brand new KW K100's with all the bells and whistles wasn't much more than 50K so of course I passed on it.Haven't seen and have only heard of it once since 80 anybody know who has it?

never heard of it and been a Waylon fan for years and years. i seen a pic of ''Miss Jesse'' his B73 black Mack that i think someone bought but never heard of the H model. i suppose ole Waylon could have had money problems in the 80's as he had a bad nose candy problem but i think now a days he is worth more dead.

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

There is alot more to this story,I had been aware of the truck two years earlier and had tried to buy it while it was still a single axle tractor.

It had been described to me as probably the nicest and most original single axle H Model in the country. The same guy who built it for Waylon owned it then and when I called him about it he told me then that he was turning it into a straight truck for Waylon.In '80 when I saw the truck it was extremely sharp.

That IS cool! That guy,Waylon Dorner,had a couple trucks at South Bend (ATHS-2011).That is a fitting tribute to the "Hoss",having a guy named Waylon,restore his truck! :twothumbsup:Would love to see the H-67.Hopefully, somebody here knows what happen to it.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I'M NOT A VERY PROFICIENT TYPIST( JUST AN OLD RETIRED FORMER TRUCK DRIVER ) WHO HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TRUCK "NUT"AND I INTENTIONALLY LEAVE OUT PUNCTUATION TO SPEED THINGS UP .....THE GUY THAT BUILT THE TRUCK WASN"T NAMED WAYLON !

( THE MAN IT WAS BUILT FOR ).... WHO INCIDENTIALLY NEVER TOOK POSESSION OF IT.

JUST HAPPENED TO BE COUNTRY OUTLAW AND FORMER ROCK & ROLLER WAYLON JENNINGS. IT HAD BECOME WHAT WE TODAY CALL A RESTO- MOD

IE: REPOWERED AND AIRRIDE P/S A/C AND WITH A NEW 24' VAN BODY.

57 BCR I HAD NOT SEEN THE THREAD BEFORE MY LAST POST ....SORRY.

I HAD AN OLD BCR BACK IN THE EARLY 70'S 673 DUPLEX WITH A NEW WAY

TAG AXLE.

THE LOCAL MACK DEALER WHO ALSO HAD ICC AUTHORITY.

USED SEVERAL IN THEIR TRUCKING COMPANY FLEET AND WHEN THEY SOLD THE DEALERSHIP I BOUGHT ALL OF THEIR B'S BRC'S and H'S BOTH 63 and 67's

I'M NOT A VERY PROFICIENT TYPIST( JUST AN OLD RETIRED FORMER TRUCK DRIVER ) WHO HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TRUCK "NUT"AND I INTENTIONALLY LEAVE OUT PUNCTUATION TO SPEED THINGS UP .....THE GUY THAT BUILT THE TRUCK WASN"T NAMED WAYLON !

( THE MAN IT WAS BUILT FOR ).... WHO INCIDENTIALLY NEVER TOOK POSESSION OF IT.

JUST HAPPENED TO BE COUNTRY OUTLAW AND FORMER ROCK & ROLLER WAYLON JENNINGS. IT HAD BECOME WHAT WE TODAY CALL A RESTO- MOD

IE: REPOWERED AND AIRRIDE P/S A/C AND WITH A NEW 24' VAN BODY.

Just an FYI - all CAPS suggest you are YELLING! Are you hard of hearing?!? :tease:

I definitely would like to see ole Waylon's H!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Maybe am hard of hearing ,but as I just stated .I'm not a very proficient typist.

No problem 607t,no offense taken! I was just going to tell you,"No,I meant the B-model and Waylon Dorner who is going to restore Miss Jessi" :loldude: Cool story about the B C R's.Did they all end up in truck heaven? Mine had a Olson (Green Bay,Wis.truck body co.) tag on it when I bought it ,but it was SHOT.Sometimes I think about puttin' one back on it and a 36" bunk.Used to see some of those as a kid.post-510-0-52229900-1360075820_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

BCR Another Illinois when I was a kid story. I never saw the Olson of Greenbay R/BCR Macks. What I used to see were a few GMC cannonball's and a ton of cracker boxes with the 6v-53 or 8v-53's detroits.They definately had a unique sound. Kind of quiet. Not like the 71 series at all. There colors used to be maroon and yellow. There was also another Olson that used to come down from Wisconsin

They were all IH's with the 549 V-8 gasers. Their colors were orange with black trim.

interesting,,,i never would immagine waylin would ever have money problems...bob

Me either,Bob.Love the Hoss's music.I know he had an addiction problem,but he said in an interview,he was cleaned up around '83-4 or so.He had a few more hits after that.Play 'em all the time.I have to get one of those newfangled turntables to digitize all my vinyl, next!

BCR Another Illinois when I was a kid story. I never saw the Olson of Greenbay R/BCR Macks. What I used to see were a few GMC cannonball's and a ton of cracker boxes with the 6v-53 or 8v-53's detroits.They definately had a unique sound. Kind of quiet. Not like the 71 series at all. There colors used to be maroon and yellow. There was also another Olson that used to come down from Wisconsin They were all IH's with the 549 V-8 gasers. Their colors were orange with black trim.

I do remember some of those Olson trucks too,James. Olson Body was a div. of Olson Transportation,from what I gathered.Olson Body is still in business.On my way up to the U.P.,there is an old OLSON van trailer sitting in Pembine,Wis.,faded,but you can still see the colors/lettering on it.My B C R had an Olson Body Co. tag axle on it,but wasn't owned by Olson.Severson Transport out of Edgerton,Wis. owned the truck from '57-'97!.

years ago wh

Years ago I gave the Gibsons of Cow Pens SC an L J that I needed to get rid of while cleaning up one of my storage yards (the EPA has no respect for old trucks ) turns out I had to many trucks "potential hazard" and not enough paved storage space I guess that's what I get for having the audacity of having been there for years before they built the five story corporate office building on the property adjacent to mine. Anyway back to H- Models the Gibsons told me that they thought the truck was sitting inside a barn some where in in NC only thing they weren't certain where in NC...... I am still interested in the possibility of purchasing it.

I hate to report this but Waylon Dorner the man who is pictured with his father next to Waylons Mack passed away at the end of last year.I don't know of what cause I read it in the GREAT LAKES TRUCK CLUB newsletter.I will try to scan the article at a later date for anyone who is interested in the story.I never met the man but I have seen his classic iron at some truck events here in Ontario.He left quite a legacy behind.