B Model Picture of the Day

I get a kick out of people today who wonder if 500HP is enough to get the job done???

Thats true. But it is nice to be able to keep up with traffic grossing 140k plus. Or pull the mountain and only drop 2 or 3 gears and maybe top it still in high range. But back in those days those where the king of the hills.

• Like 1

Yeah, what are we talkin' here 211 (711) or 205 (T673) horsepower at the most in a B-61? Did a good job at that time.Beat the hell out of the gas burners! :twothumbsup::clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Damn! thats about a 1/2 cord right there!....................................Mark

I'm just a city boy but I think you might be exaggerating. Looks more like about 3/8 of a cord.

Big Mack of the day, B model picture of the day, Pictures of the week. the next thing ya know OD will be posting "Cop of the Day" or some nonsense.

Now WTF!!

Jim

Oh, I could drive it, but I doubt I could get stopped.

I don't think driving it would be any trouble,it occurs to me that maybe missing the turn into the mill,and having to back-up may prove to be somewhat problematic!.............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

shitty picture but heres my Great grandfathers brand new 1955 B62SX 464 on 22'' rubber with a Cresci box, with 5 speed and 3 speed brownie . (dont think he could get a quadbox til 56) haulin wood in Long Lake Ny to the ''big wooden bowl''. where they use to make wooden bowls and the wooden forks and stuff for cookin i think?

Great pic!Did your gramps like the gassers better than diesel's back then?