Mass Construction Trucks

EJ- Every now and then you have to acknowledge the other world.

On another note, I'm kicking my ass. I'm about to pull on the scale at Pandolph-Perkins in Sterling the other day with the B. Parked along side the scale is a Lazzaro Granite and a Pao Granite-both loaded with asphalt and both spokes on 24's. I thought after, what a picture-3 Macks on spokes, 24's but 58 years apart! (probably same for the drivers!)

OK but look no touch we don't want you to go soft on us.

Ed

All States Material Group is the corporate name but they have facilities in all New England except VT and also NY state. They use a bunch of different names.

http://www.allstatesasphalt.com/

Here is their restored 1931 Brockway applicator truck.

That truck was on display this year at the Etnrye booth at Con Expo. Good looking old truck. Etnyre's are made about 35min

west of my house out in Oregon IL.

That truck was on display this year at the Etnrye booth at Con Expo. Good looking old truck. Etnyre's are made about 35min

west of my house out in Oregon IL.

I have heard that the Brockway has been on display at various shows for Etnyre. The have a nice Etnyre trailer for transporting with a rolling tarp system to keep it protected on the road.

I can't imagine sitting on the back of the truck run the controls on a hot summer day while next to you is a tank full of really HOT liquid asphalt.

When men were men....

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Bob

We need the wheelbase in other states, Vermont for example. These trucks go all over the New England and New York hauling contaminated materials.

Mike Pacitto

Chelmsford Mass

The 6 wheeler with the tag behind it is Matt Staffieri's truck his driver Danny probably posted it, they just got the truck in April and had it painted and it was was just out on the road for the first time last week, that is a heavy speced truck. He does golf course renovation work with that equipment, has done work for me.

Bob

We need the wheelbase in other states, Vermont for example. These trucks go all over the New England and New York hauling contaminated materials.

10-4 Mike-after I did the post I did think about the special permits in VT, NH, and Maine- I do believe Mass is only state that waives the BF for permits over 80,000. Even so, it does look like it has a few more inches than even those states require.

I know down here you need a long tractor and trailer to be legal for 80K. I think i figured it out that we would need a 45' dump trailer to legally carry 80K without a permit. I dont like that law. Where the permits dont apply south of exit 42 on 95 everything is tight and on top of each other seems to me you'd want shorter trucks so they take up less space but what do i know....

Matt

I know down here you need a long tractor and trailer to be legal for 80K. I think i figured it out that we would need a 45' dump trailer to legally carry 80K without a permit. I dont like that law. Where the permits dont apply south of exit 42 on 95 everything is tight and on top of each other seems to me you'd want shorter trucks so they take up less space but what do i know....

Matt, unless my memory is totally gone, seems to me a 162" WB tractor and a tank 42.5' OAL made us legal at 80,000

Matt, unless my memory is totally gone, seems to me a 162" WB tractor and a tank 42.5' OAL made us legal at 80,000

Bob, I believe the superliner is 204? which is what my dad stretched the trucks you guys had in New Haven too. With our 24 ft trailer its good for 71K i think. With our lowbed its like 79K and thats 43ft. Massachusetts goes by the inner bridge law as of last time we had a truck got pulled over up there. That was with one of the short r models and a 24 ft trailer. i think it was like 68k going by that. And that r model was really short

Matt