Rare Military Macks

Hi mike69, A good example of our tax dollars at work........Paul

OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

not finished....You have no idea when I was overseas we were giving the Iraqis MRAPs and HMMWVs several at a time, we rebuilt their military bases created whole cities around some of them and then just gave it all to them. I doubt anyone knows how many Billions of dollars of equipment we gave to Iraq and how many Billions of dollars of infrastructure we built and gave to Iraq, the numbers would be mind boggling, we built or rebuilt hundreds of buildings and tents at Talil airbase got the base up and running and then just turned it over complete with probably a hundred vehicles we just left there for them to use. I am sure it was the same at all the Major bases there I know we spent tons of money at BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) and Camp liberty near the airport and just gave it to them.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

military junk yard huh?.................

post-5240-0-39794000-1355596838_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-10400900-1355596856_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-68037200-1355596866_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-95517300-1355596945_thumb.jp

Nuff said!

favorite sign in IQ....

post-5240-0-88633000-1355597712_thumb.jp

Best I can figure to only other users of F900's were certified concrete in New York and belgian heavy haulers.

If you have a close look at the model production list published by Mack, you will see, that there were 5 different Versions of Mack F900. Two of them were all wheel drive Version. In total 72 Mack F900 where build.

45 of them were F985, I think those are the Certified Concrete trucks.

Most of the 15 F9956 should be the trucks for the moroccan army. But there is at least one used as heavy hauler in skandinavia, which is currently in restauration. And one was used by G.Pelletier as logger.

5 F995 were build, one of them is the belgian G.Belin heavy hauler (The only belgian F900)

These three version all have the 80k rears

Now to those with Planidrive axles.

3 F997 were build, two of them are used by the iranian heavy haul outfit Iran Dena.

And 4 F9976 were build. One of them was used by the spanish heavy haul outfit Transmosa. I'm sure this one was sold to Alibert/Istrans.

There is on english hevay haul Mack F serie which could be a F900, but it differs from all other F900. It is in 6x4 version, but unlike the other 6x4 it doesn't got a 23k frontaxle, and it use 90.000lb Clark axles. It also got a sleeper cab with raised roof (like many european Mack F700). So I think it is a rebuild but it is not clear if it really based on a F900 and not an F700 or F800.

That is all information I found about the F900.

Edited by ThomasL
  • Like 2

If you have a close look at the model production list published by Mack, you will see, that there where 5 different Versions of Mack F900. Two of them where all wheel drive Version. In total 72 Mack F900 where build.

45 of them were F985, I think those are the Certified Concrete trucks.

Most of the 15 F9956 should be the trucks for the moroccan army. But there is at least one used as heavy hauler in skandinavia, which is currently in restauration. And one was used by G.Pelletier as logger.

5 F995 were build, one of them is the belgian G.Belin heavy hauler (The only belgian F900)

These three version all have the 80k rears

Now to those with Planidrive axles.

3 F997 were build, two of them are used by the iranian heavy haul outfit Iran Dena.

And 4 F9976 were build. One of them was used by the spanish heavy haul outfit Transmosa. I'm sure this one was sold to Alibert/Istrans.

There is on english hevay haul Mack F serie which could be a F900, but it differs from all other F900. It is in 6x4 version, but unlike the other 6x4 it doesn't got a 23k frontaxle, and it use 90.000lb Clark axles. It also got a sleeper cab with raised roof (like many european Mack F700). So I think it is a rebuild but it is not clear if it really based on a F900 and not an F700 or F800.

That is all information I found about the F900.

Good info,you with the CIA or FBI??? LOL

Good info,you with the CIA or FBI??? LOL

Really! thats a lot of research that I just cant make myself do I still dont remember what the Mack model designations mean, like RWS722LST I know its a superliner from hayward with an E9440 but I dont know which one means what anymore.

Just a bit of combining information from various sources.

To all trucks I mentioned there a pictures available on the internet.

I'm not 100% sure on the information regarding the F985 and F995 because you can't see the engine without tilted cab ;)

But the F9956 and the two planidrive version F997 and F9976 are pretty easy to spot.

Found some soruces that claim the marrocan army macks are F800, but I got some doubts about that.

not finished....You have no idea when I was overseas we were giving the Iraqis MRAPs and HMMWVs several at a time, we rebuilt their military bases created whole cities around some of them and then just gave it all to them. I doubt anyone knows how many Billions of dollars of equipment we gave to Iraq and how many Billions of dollars of infrastructure we built and gave to Iraq, the numbers would be mind boggling, we built or rebuilt hundreds of buildings and tents at Talil airbase got the base up and running and then just turned it over complete with probably a hundred vehicles we just left there for them to use. I am sure it was the same at all the Major bases there I know we spent tons of money at BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) and Camp liberty near the airport and just gave it to them.

We did the same in Viet Nam, PLUS paid the French for every tree, building and piece of equipment damaged or destroyed on Michelin Rubber Company property!

Morocco has been an Ally of ours since 1786 til the French take over in 1912 to 1956. Since 1957, the United States and Morocco have worked together as allies. In the wake of the Arab Spring, Morocco continues to remain a strong U.S. supporter.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 5 years later...

Does anyone have any pictures of a Mack R model 688 in US Army service. The first time I ever seen one was when I was training at Indiantown Gap Pennsylvania around 2008.  I saw a few Mack R models sitting in a compound with other military trucks painted green. I didn't have a chance to get a picture of it. I'm trying to get photos because I need reference pics. I'm building a model and I want to make it as accurate as possible. Thanks for your help have a great day.

Edited by pclay

21 hours ago, gxbxc said:

Does any one know what make of tractor is on the flat bed behind one of the F models, I think I know but was wondering about any else ?

In this picture? M746 (aka. XM746, HET-70)

Designed by Chrysler in cooperation with West Germany's Faun Werke, but Ward La France was low bidder.

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 6.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/14/2012 at 8:22 PM, rsb502 said:

The Army had a few CL heavy haul trucks, the NG had two here in Smyrna and Nashville TN they had 2 DM800's too the DM800s were white with black fenders and E9 500's the CL's are black have Cummins Signature 600's with 18spd underdrive trans and all were on 12R24 tires they pulled fontaine tri axle lowboys with tandem axle geeps front and rear they used them to move tanks, the DM800's got shipped off the CL's are still here. I found a pic of one of the DM800's but I cant find any of the Cl's I know I have em Ill keep looking I had one with an abrams behind the CL on the interstate

post-5240-0-80393000-1355534422_thumb.jp

Did you mean black and white RD 800's? Because these look like RD800, not DM800's which instead would have been off set cab with set back axle.

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2018 at 9:10 PM, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Did you mean black and white RD 800's? Because these look like RD800, not DM800's which instead would have been off set cab with set back axle.

The truck in the picture is a RD822SX. I own it, same truck that is in my avatar.

• 2 years later...