Rare Military Macks

for the F model nut how about an F-900 yep we had em, how about a DM 6116S had them too, and a couple others.

post-5240-0-95019700-1355441207_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-35119600-1355441222_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-77126800-1355441240_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-42627200-1355441256_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-91078400-1355441278_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I think the DM at the bottom is Australian, the other DM is Air Force, the Air Force has always had unique militarized commercial speciality trucks, the F and CI were probably proto types used for demonstrations for capabilities, I spent more than 20 + years in Army Transportation and the only trucks that I seen other proto type or displays were Oshkosh, AM Generals types and Freightliners. When I first joined I had seen a couple IH Transtars in Germany but they were being or had been replaced by the CCC/AM Generals M915s. After DS/DS I operated some leased non military Macks in Kuwait, in the early 90s after Desert Storm we operated them out of Doha as heavy equipment transports, also had some in the Sinai. There were a bunch of Petes/Kenworths that was leased and operated by some National Guard unit during DS/DS as line haul, it was funny to see a big red Kenworth with 425 cat, chrome, walk in sleeper hauling a 20 foot container in a 10-15 truck convoy and I was operating a M931 5ton tractor with 40ft tri axle and 2 20 ft containers, working the shit of the little 250 Cummings

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I think the DM at the bottom is Australian, the other DM is Air Force, the Air Force has always had unique militarized commercial speciality trucks, the F and CI were probably proto types used for demonstrations for capabilities, I spent more than 20 + years in Army Transportation and the only trucks that I seen other proto type or displays were Oshkosh, AM Generals types and Freightliners. When I first joined I had seen a couple IH Transtars in Germany but they were being or had been replaced by the CCC/AM Generals M915s. After DS/DS I operated some leased non military Macks in Kuwait, in the early 90s after Desert Storm we operated them out of Doha as heavy equipment transports, also had some in the Sinai. There were a bunch of Petes/Kenworths that was leased and operated by some National Guard unit during DS/DS as line haul, it was funny to see a big red Kenworth with 425 cat, chrome, walk in sleeper hauling a 20 foot container in a 10-15 truck convoy and I was operating a M931 5ton tractor with 40ft tri axle and 2 20 ft containers, working the shit of the little 250 Cummings

The Army had a few CL heavy haul trucks, the NG had two here in Smyrna and Nashville TN they had 2 DM800's too the DM800s were white with black fenders and E9 500's the CL's are black have Cummins Signature 600's with 18spd underdrive trans and all were on 12R24 tires they pulled fontaine tri axle lowboys with tandem axle geeps front and rear they used them to move tanks, the DM800's got shipped off the CL's are still here. I found a pic of one of the DM800's but I cant find any of the Cl's I know I have em Ill keep looking I had one with an abrams behind the CL on the interstate

post-5240-0-80393000-1355534422_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The Air Force had a fleet of either DM or U fuel trucks..

Dm's for the fuel trucks I watched a few of them sell on a govt auction site they just sold some of the RD's about a month ago.

I just got off the phone, my "source" tells me that to the best of his knowledge all the F900 military trucks were purchased by the US army then delivered to the Moroccan army to be used in Morocco and I even got a pic of one rusting there today.......your welcome!

post-5240-0-29238600-1355535070.jpg

post-5240-0-34021800-1355535079.jpg

• Like 1

Best I can figure to only other users of F900's were certified concrete in New York and belgian heavy haulers.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I just got off the phone, my "source" tells me that to the best of his knowledge all the F900 military trucks were purchased by the US army then delivered to the Moroccan army to be used in Morocco and I even got a pic of one rusting there today.......your welcome!

Damn,I wish that was in my backyard instead.Hey Ray,wanna go to Morroco and pick up a truck for me????

Cat 3208.all the ones I saw for sale also had Allsion automatics.

the military was pretty quick to adopt automatics, there were a ton of trucks with small v8's too all setup to run on diesel and jp8 most of the trucks we ran in IQ were running on jp8. I have seen lots of surplus trucks with 3208 cats and 8.2 Detroit's even the big het's have Allison automatics and v8's its a 500hp 8v92 but its a v8, the new het's supposedly have 700hp cat engines but I haven't gotten to check one out yet.

the military was pretty quick to adopt automatics, there were a ton of trucks with small v8's too all setup to run on diesel and jp8 most of the trucks we ran in IQ were running on jp8. I have seen lots of surplus trucks with 3208 cats and 8.2 Detroit's even the big het's have Allison automatics and v8's its a 500hp 8v92 but its a v8, the new het's supposedly have 700hp cat engines but I haven't gotten to check one out yet.

They had to be, when I was in during the 80`s the amount of new recruits that could drive a standard was on the decline..We had deuce and a halfs and 800 series 5 tons with sticks, they were replace by HEMTT`s with Detroits and autos and 900 series 5 tons with autos, I think a few had Cummins in them too..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...