Underwear cleaning needed...........

Was heading E/B on I-78 in Jersey just a while ago, coming back from picking up tools and my shop-vac from mom in law's house on Staten Island. Was in my 2008 Chevy Silverado, had the three boys with me, they were buckled up in the extended cab. Oldest was watching a movie on the DVD player, the other two were asleep. Had the cruise control set at about 72, and in the middle lane. Coming up on the 24 yardstick, had an A Duie Pyle in the right hand lane. We both saw the buck (had a nice rack too) walking towards the road, we both got on the brakes and we both got on the horn. Buck looked as if he was studying the traffic looking for a break.....I guess the horns spooked him because he took off, and got creamed by A Duie Pyle. I would never wish anything bad on anyone but I am glad Pyle took it, because if he didnt, guess who would have....And I'm glad only because I had my little guys with me. When I started laying on the horn, the oldest looked up from his movie and saw the whole thing- Pyle creamed the buck and spun him around a bunch of times and across the middle and left lane into the left hand median. I'm sorry my little guy had to see that- the innocence of a child amazes me sometimes- he says "Daddy, I hope his family will be ok." Little guy understood right away that buck went to buck heaven. Duie Pyle pulled over- I stopped too just to make sure he was ok, barely scratched the truck. Pyle saw my three stooges in the truck and said "I'm glad I blasted him instead of you." We shook hands and went on our way. Stopped at the T/A at Exit 7 and had lunch......Should have offered to buy Pyle lunch too, wish I had.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Came through Pa. and Ny 81 and 84, they are everywhere, went by one car that had just hit one a few seconds before I got there. Wanted to stop and carve out the back strap and hind quarters since it was hit forward but didn't think they would like the show being in a new Audi smashed in and they were all dressed up like city folk. They sure are thick and the hunters are moving them. Glad to hear you made out fine.

• Like 2

I let a sheriffs deputy hunt here at the house and he got a 7 pointer here this afternoon, the spread was really wide for a 7 real tall too just not many points it was big enough to be a 10 just long smooth antlers.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just about got one Thurs afternoon coming back to work. Had a road trip, got off freeway, was coming up the road. I just glanced around quickly and when I looked forward again(no cars around), I saw a nice big Buck standing in my lane. DOH!! I got on the brakes and laid on the horn. He kicked and scrapped to get moving and ran off. I had room, was not close enough to worry about hitting it. Just startled the hell out of me.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Good thing everything's OK. My wife broke in our 12 traverse with a 65 MPH deer hit on the grille center last October. Brand new with under 800 miles on it. State Farm paid over 7K and I drove a 12 Suburban for a month until it was fixed. A Duie's Freightshaker probably didn't even notice it.

How's the East coast fareing after Sandy?

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

The deer they are a movin now a days, seems like there is a steady line of em ccoming thru my place i see em all day long, there arent enough roads out here to see em on the road much from the road in front of my house to the next closest one behind is a few miles and about a mile the other way they have plenty of wooded area to run around in here. I got a 6pt with my 94 GMC Z71 back in 1998 I think, sometime around then, I hit it doiin about 65 it killed the grill, fender, pushed the bumper back into the tire and just ticked me off in general.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Glad to hear you guys are alright,deer vs. car,pickup etc. usually does'nt go too good,deer vs. truck,deer USUALLY gets the shit end of the stick! i have been fortunate as to never hit one (have had a few close calls though) last "skid-mark" episode i can remember was with my MH cabover prolly 20 years ago,when i had a GIANT owl fly up from the shoulder,well long story short,he did'nt gain enough elevation to clear the truck fast enough,WHAM! right through the pass. side windshield,what was left got jammed up under the sunvisor,guts and gravy all over the place! came real close to some coffee stained shorts inside as well!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Glad to hear you guys are alright,deer vs. car,pickup etc. usually does'nt go too good,deer vs. truck,deer USUALLY gets the shit end of the stick! i have been fortunate as to never hit one (have had a few close calls though) last "skid-mark" episode i can remember was with my MH cabover prolly 20 years ago,when i had a GIANT owl fly up from the shoulder,well long story short,he did'nt gain enough elevation to clear the truck fast enough,WHAM! right through the pass. side windshield,what was left got jammed up under the sunvisor,guts and gravy all over the place! came real close to some coffee stained shorts inside as well!.....................................Mark

yep, especially since everything is fiberglass or plastic now, it doesn't take much to tear them up. I used to have some of those "deer whistles" on a cabover KW I drove in the 80's. They put them on all the trucks. I took mine off because they worked so good. Hit about 3 deer in the year or less they were on there. The deer would take off running but they were just as apt to run out in front of you as anywhere else. Without them there was a good chance they would stand on the shoulder and eat grass and not even move.

I remember when Jeff Moore hit an owl on rt. 35 in Ohio one night. Knocked the windshield out of a cabover International. They told him to tape some plastic over it and wait until he got back to the shop to get it fixed- he was on the way to Chicago and the temperature was like single digit cold. He was still in a motel room at the 35/ I-71 junction the next night when I stopped by on the way to Chicago and the truck was at a shop somewhere getting a windshield put in it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I have to note you folks have too dangerous roads.

But I'm glad about good envirement.

Here in Russia 'm hearing stories from some guys from time to time about somebody hits elk or a wild pig.

Personally I have told with the only man who got an elk. And it was nearly 15 years ago. He was happy having space enough to brake, hited the animal by a side of his car at rear. Mercedes 190 got body damage with a carcass screwed, the gus was Ok.

There were too many illegal hunters overhere so you have extremely low chances to meet wild creatures in a field of view.

It's in the central area I'm living though.

I see many dead cats ang dogs aside roads but neither big victims.

Randy, glad you got out that time ok.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad there are many many deer here in the USA, and the problem is very bad in the east, and becomes even worse as you get closer to populated areas- the deer are being driven from their land by development. The rural areas right outside of cities are very overpopulated to the point that some places hold no-limits hunts for a weekend or two.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Vlad there are many many deer here in the USA, and the problem is very bad in the east, and becomes even worse as you get closer to populated areas- the deer are being driven from their land by development. The rural areas right outside of cities are very overpopulated to the point that some places hold no-limits hunts for a weekend or two.

And metro parks prohibit shooting wildlife. It is really bad around the east and southeast side of Cleveland. Deer are always getting killed along the major highways. I saw one a few years ago get hit by a small car. Plastic flying everywhere. The deer slid across 3 lanes of I-271. Luckily I saw it and slowed down, otherwise I would have run over the deer. For you animal lovers...the deer was killed instantly so it did not suffer.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Glad your ok. Seen a small buck today coming out of Dubuque heading towards Davenport. He was in a field and walking towards the road.

Glad you and the kids are okay. I had a two-fer back in mid October while at work . There were four crossing a two-lane near Cumberland,MD and there was no way I was getting stopped in time. I layed on the horn hit the brakes and barely clipped one with the front left corner of the bumper, As I'm watching that one trying to regain her balance I felt a series of 5 bumps coming from the right side of the truck. That one was messy but no damage to the truck. Company wide there were 17 deer collisions that week and I was 1 of 2 from our terminal that night.

Seen a small buck today coming out of Dubuque heading towards Davenport.

Do you think the buck was heading to Davenport on business or for personal reasons?

• Like 1

Jim

I saw in Germany and France and some other European countries highways are surrounded with a net border for all the lenght. It's very good for protection from wild life being around a lot. I personally met some randys on roads in Norway but these roads were local with low speeds. And that was in extremely northen part of the country, the areas of low human habitation.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012