Your First Mack?

Found a few pics of my H67T with the flat bed. These were taken at the farm in PA around 1990. The truck had a straight stack, no headliner, no power steering, and no seat suspension. I had to wear ear plugs when I drove it because the cab resonated at certain speeds and was like an echo chamber inside. Those were the days! :rolleyes:

I sold it to a guy near Columbus, OH. I recently saw a picture of it (I think it was this one) in a magazine taken at a truck show in Michigan.

Nice lookin' truck Ken

you should've kept it!

Ron

Well, it was right at 11 yrs ago I got my first drive in a B model. Bought my '59 and learned to drive a triplex on the way home. Took quite a lot of trips around town to get that figured out. Here it is on a Saturday trip to lunch with friends right after I bought it:

b61l.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

First one I drove was a 1963 B 6t1 6 wheel dump that was owned by Burly Horan of Syosset Sand. Non turbo, Quad box, Air start and air assist steering. Took my road test in a B81 10 wheel dump owned by Horan. You never forget your first! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Found a few pics of my H67T with the flat bed. These were taken at the farm in PA around 1990. The truck had a straight stack, no headliner, no power steering, and no seat suspension. I had to wear ear plugs when I drove it because the cab resonated at certain speeds and was like an echo chamber inside. Those were the days! :rolleyes:

I sold it to a guy near Columbus, OH. I recently saw a picture of it (I think it was this one) in a magazine taken at a truck show in Michigan.

Ive seen that truck before, its just so familiar looking.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The first Mack I drove was my Dads 89 Superliner that he still drives. E9500 V8 2090 9spd and 4.42 rears. I was about a year old and he let me steer it up the our road. I of course don't remember because I was to young but I do have a picture of me in it from about the same time. The first truck I drove for a living was my 93 RD688 from work that I am still driving. I guess the Bulldog bit me pretty early on.

Josh :clock_logo:

Stepping a bit higher into the seat of my truck than I'm use to, I remember my heart beating out of my chest and the sound of that sweet detroit just rumbling. As I adjusted my seating and checking gauges for my run through, It was finally sinking in, "I own my very own 1975 Mack RS700L V8". Being that my first truck was a 1977 Kenworth W900 with another detroit diesel, "the truck was alright,it didn't get me excited to drive it" also canadian made. Not saying Canada doesn't make a fine truck to be imported into the US but lets be serious here. AS I continue doing my checks it was departure time for me and what I have now named "Ol Red". The intense horses that followed after the clutch was released was immense. The horses, the broad power; the scream of this pure natural running beast was incredible. Speed-eh not the fastest but with +38,000lbs of loaded weight screw speed, Ol 'Red won't let me down. Ladies and Gentleman I went into this purchase a Kenworth fan left wanting to buy an american bulldog. Heres to you MACK!post-13049-0-79268900-1352458139_thumb.j

• Like 1

Stepping a bit higher into the seat of my truck than I'm use to, I remember my heart beating out of my chest and the sound of that sweet detroit just rumbling. As I adjusted my seating and checking gauges for my run through, It was finally sinking in, "I own my very own 1975 Mack RS700L V8". Being that my first truck was a 1977 Kenworth W900 with another detroit diesel, "the truck was alright,it didn't get me excited to drive it" also canadian made. Not saying Canada doesn't make a fine truck to be imported into the US but lets be serious here. AS I continue doing my checks it was departure time for me and what I have now named "Ol Red". The intense horses that followed after the clutch was released was immense. The horses, the broad power; the scream of this pure natural running beast was incredible. Speed-eh not the fastest but with +38,000lbs of loaded weight screw speed, Ol 'Red won't let me down. Ladies and Gentleman I went into this purchase a Kenworth fan left wanting to buy an american bulldog. Heres to you MACK!post-13049-0-79268900-1352458139_thumb.j

another happy convert! Nice truck I like those long hood r models they have a style all their own and a v8 just makes it perfect.
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...