played for hours when I was 6 or so we couln't ever

find it after his kids gave it away after he passed away

my truck I bought to do as a project with my great uncle

my moms uncle . We started it in 08 and we did alot together

but in 2010 he was diagnosed with alzheimers disease and

is going down hill fast. He helped me make patches for it and

weld them in . but I am going to finish it alone I am learning to

do body work as I go as he can't help me he gets lost going from

the house to the garage . he sits in a chair and watches .

he was a talented welder fabricator for years but it is all gone now.

looks like the hard part is over now. I can handle the mechanics of it

that is what I do for work hope to have it done for next summer

Steve

thank's

It is my first paint job

not perfect but it's ok .

I had a body guy look at it before when in it was in just filler roughed in

he said 2000.00 to paint it so I took my time this summer

and tried to get it as straight and smooth as I could and these were the results

I got with a $15.00 spray gun from harbor freight

It isn't perfect and I was learning as I went I was going to just have someone do it but just couldn't afford to. We bought it with a lot of work done already it is 12volt start and the previous owner had complete rear brake job done I have receipts. It was dgiomacks truck she was a member on here she lost interest and got married so she sold me the Mack. It was registèred in ny so we drove it home it runs well and drives good couple oil leaks to fix Clean and paint frame it also has 4 new tires on rear. steve

sorry about your uncle too bad we cant twitch our noses and transfer all that welding talent to a young kid,,,looks good so far,,,i have a couple of those home type sprayers,,,and a proffessional body shop sprayer,,,and i usually wind up using the smaller guns for smaller jobs,,,because they dont throw overspray so far as the big gun does,,,they do a good job,,,especially with the interiors,,,keep practicing,,if your not happy with the results,,just sand it and shoot it again till it looks good to you,,,body work is a fortune,,,,, glad i do all my own...good luck...bob

Sorry to hear about your uncle, but what a gift he gave you and what a return he got for it. Nothing like passing on an interest and watching it grow while you have the chance to work together.

Outstanding gloss, did you use any additives in the paint such as catalysts? My work never looks half that good until I spend half a day wet sanding it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

It is single stage paint

I used medium reducer and a hardener

just followed the directions as far as mixing

I was surprised it was cool about 60 but it turned out ok

there is a little dust in it here and there but I cleaned the shop

best I could it is an old welding shop so there is dust and crap everywhere

of course the filler an all was sanded in the same bay no spray booth

Have you wet sanded it yet? If not you can use 2000 grit and it will take the dust "lumps" and any orange peel right out. Follow up with a compound and it will shine like it does now.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I am not a painter by any stretch of the imagination, but I always sand and buff mine out the next day.

If it is really rough I start out with 1000 grit wet/dry using a spray bottle of water with a couple of drops of detergent mixed in it to keep the surface wet. I than go to 2000 grit with water after throughly cleaning the surface to remove any 1000 grit. After sanding I use white compound followed by paint cleaner, polish, and finally wax all applied with an air powered buffer using a new pad with each change of compound. I like the air powered buffer since it is slow and minimizes the chance of burning the paint. I use a HF cheapy and buy several pads to keep changing them as they wear.

Make sure you clean between each grit and as you sand you might feel a larger piece of grit in the paper. If you do, stop to clean or replace the paper.

If you enter "wet sanding new paint" in any search engine it will turn up a lot of how-to's; I liked this one: http://carpaint.blog...f-your-car.html

Good luck; it looks great!