take god out?

mowerman

You know, some people argue over what god really wants... Religious wars, crusades, you know... Some other claim thay talked to god face to face - those, most unfairly, usually end up medicated. So some people say, lets take god out of this, then it's your opinion vs. mine, doesn't that sound fair to you? Have a nice day

Paweł

You know, some people argue over what god really wants... Religious wars, crusades, you know... Some other claim thay talked to god face to face - those, most unfairly, usually end up medicated. So some people say, lets take god out of this, then it's your opinion vs. mine, doesn't that sound fair to you? Have a nice day

Paweł

they tell me 86 percent is for keeping god on coins,bills buildings,school prayer,nativity scenes..excwhat am i missing,,thiers no argument,,if that offends you,,,them go home and blow your nose.lol..bob
  • Like 1

Our school district was just threatened with legal action if they kept reciting the lords prayer before the board meeting by one of these watch dog groups. So after consulting with the district lawyer they dropped the prayer for fear of getting sued. What bunch of pussies!!!!! Sorry for the language . I thought this country was founded on gods ideas? Oh yeah forgot obamas in charge now gods ideals no longer apply.

• Like 2

Our founding fathers recognized the fact that our rights come not government, but from the Creator (aka "God")...because what government giveth, government can taketh away. A right which can be revoked at the whim of government is NOT "unalienable".

A political party which does not recognize this most basic founding principal cannot be trusted with the power of the government.

A-men brother! Well stated!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Paweł

Bible says if your ashame of me i will be ashame of you and also hundreds of scripture telling you how to live and that is that he is in control of your life so yes you can be take God out of ever thing but as he says i will spew you out of my mouth on judgement day. Thing about God he ant going to make you do any thing you dont want to so he is very fair.The white house democrates are playing with more than fire when God is forgotten. glenn
  • Like 1

glenn akers

As God is in "The Pledge of Allegiance" lets keep it in everything American. As for the ones that do not like it let them start their own country. When I joined the service in 1968 if you did not have a religion they made you pick one in Boot Camp and Church was mandatory on Sunday. Joe D.

The way I feel about it is you come to our country on your own. We did not invite you so you have to live like we do if you don't like it go back to where you came. I like my country so much that I gave it 4 years of my life after school. In the Air Force in 1986 you had to have a religon or pick one. Keep God in everything and learn to like what we do or leave.

• Like 2

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

I am not a religious man but I have to say, all this uptight bs about God in things is rediculous. If you child does want to pledge, under God, then he/she can just skip that in the pledge of allegiance. Why change it or take the pledge out for one f@&knut parent. God is on our money, it doesn't say which God. This political correctness has gone out of control and the .0001% of the jerkoffs who make a big deal will ruin it for the rest of the people. If God offends you tough shit. Deal with it and move on.

• Like 1

Well, friends, I have to tell you, when my English teacher (from Michigan, USA) told me and our class about the Pledge of Allegiance and how it has to be said before every day at school, it seemed very unusual for all of us. Most people in Europe wouldn't think of doing something like that, and especially in Germany, where I was at that time. That's because they had something similar in Germany before World War Two, and the little boys and girls swore to do everything for their country and their leader, and later they kept their word - fought the war, invaded other countries, built death camps - all for their country and their leader. At the same time, in the Soviet Union, other boys and girls swore to do everything for the ideals of communism and every working man in the world. They too, later fought wars, invaded, even built their own camps, too. Please understand, after witnessing some of that, many people mean nobody should offer himself for a country, or a religion, or an ideology without thinking critically - everybody of us should use hir/her brains all the time and think about: "Am I doing the right thing, doing as everybody else does?". In my opinnion that's what it's all about. Please, try to UNDERSTAND. Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

I'm afraid we have moved beyond "political correctness" to what I like to call radical stupidity. A private Christian college can not display crosses where muslin students see them, because they are offensive to them...IT'S A PRIVATE COLLEGE...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU ARE OFFENDED. A child can not wear a cross that is visible but a muslim child can wear a "holy knife" to school?

It is not a "war" on God, it is a war against Christian Beliefs and Morals. Not Jewish, Not Muslim, Not Shika, but Christians. Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I'll keep my beliefs, morals and my weapons til I achieve "room temperature". :)

Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

speweik - thanks a lot for your reply. I didn't mean to, in any way, disrespect to the American people. I just think it's important to understand, and I tried to provide different point of view to help do just that. I'm taking part in this discussion to try to understand, too. The good thing is, as long as people talk to each other, they usually don't fight. The fighting usually starts when people stop talking - aren't we dangerously close to that point now? Let's hope not. Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Paweł

Well, friends, I have to tell you, when my English teacher (from Michigan, USA) told me and our class about the Pledge of Allegiance and how it has to be said before every day at school, it seemed very unusual for all of us. Most people in Europe wouldn't think of doing something like that, and especially in Germany, where I was at that time. That's because they had something similar in Germany before World War Two, and the little boys and girls swore to do everything for their country and their leader, and later they kept their word - fought the war, invaded other countries, built death camps - all for their country and their leader. At the same time, in the Soviet Union, other boys and girls swore to do everything for the ideals of communism and every working man in the world. They too, later fought wars, invaded, even built their own camps, too. Please understand, after witnessing some of that, many people mean nobody should offer himself for a country, or a religion, or an ideology without thinking critically - everybody of us should use hir/her brains all the time and think about: "Am I doing the right thing, doing as everybody else does?". In my opinnion that's what it's all about. Please, try to UNDERSTAND. Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Paweł

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands;

One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

I don't see where anyone is pledging allegiance to any leader, political party, or any other individual or group...only to the Flag and the Republic for which it stands....One Nation under God...Indivisible...with Liberty & Justice for all.

If a leader/political party is against the idea of liberty or justice for anyone, they are not representing this country well and therefore would garner no allegiance from any individuals who value the principals upon which this nation was founded. Death camps, etc. are the antithesis of liberty & justice.

Communism also goes against the founding principals. All men are created equal...but that is where the equality ends. We all have equal opportunity to use the various talants God has given us as well as the knowledge and experience we have gained through our own life experience in order to strive to achieve personal happiness. That is the "Right to Pursue Happiness" talked about in the Declaration of Independence...specifically named as one of the unalienable rights we all have. Not everyone is the same...what makes one person happy is another person's personal hell....but we are all free to pursue our own happiness in our own way. When the government steps in and attempts to make your life choices for you, you lose the ability to pursue your own happiness. Instead, you are forced to live with what some government official thinks you should be happy with. I have no interest in allowing anyone else to determine what should bring me happiness. I also have no interest in being forced to fund other people's pursuits of happiness when they are too lazy to get off their butts to work towards it themselves. Just as my right to swing my fist ends at the tip of your nose, your right to pursue happiness ends at the tip of my wallet. If you think I should be forced to fund your pursuit of happiness, at the very LEAST I should have the right to sock you in the nose.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

RowdyRebel, you are right at the point where you say rights and responsibilities should match. And that's what we see in Europe for example - in countries like France or in Germany, if you get sick, everybody antes up to heal you - but they also force you to care for yourself - like for example buckling up the seatbelts is mandatory. Of course many people don't like being told what to do. Then again, modern medicine is so expensive that only the richest people could afford healing some cases that already have known cures.

But I also wanted to tell you about communism - do you know their OFFICIAL doctrine treated the government as a temporary organisation that was to work only as long as the communism is being built (the Soviets never said they have it - they were building it all the time). After the communism was finally estabilished, there was supposed to be no government, because the people (being fully equal) would perfectly manage themselves. Another catchy line - work as much as you want, get everything you need - doesn't that sound cool? It's the details of how it looked in praxis made this whole thing so obnoxious. That's why I wrote - everybody has to remain critical about himself - otherwise ugly things can happen despite even the prettiest slogans.