Two Week Cornbinder Restoration VIDEO!

• 2 weeks later...

Ben

Great job! The truck looks great and nice tunes as well. Video was nice. Agree with others, let here that monster 2-stroke.

Did you really paint the the whole frame with rattle cans? Your fingers must have been hurting after that

George

Thanks for all the complements guys! It was impressive that it only took us two weeks to restore it like we did. But it took Watts two and a half weeks to do the brakes. It needed every single brake part in the whole system. We just got it back last week. On Monday, my dad and I were cruising dow route 22 and he looked in the mirror and his face got real concered. I looked out the back window and I couldn't see very well because the back window was completely covered in oil. We immediately pulled over and found that everything on the whole back of the truck was covered in gear oil. It looked like somebody took a 5 gallon bucket of 90 weight and set it on the fifth wheel plate and set a grenade off in it. OIL EVERYWHERE. It sorta seemed like it was coming from the front drive axle, but it was hard to tell exactly where it was coming from because of all the oil everywhere.

So we took it to Watts and they figured out that the oil filter on the axle had a hole in it and was spraying right on the u-joint, thus the oil spraying everywhere. But they fixed it and now it's fine. And, the oil filter on the axle is the same as a small block chevy oil filter, so it now has a cool chevy racing oil filter on it. Plus, if we ever have to change that filter, we already have a bunch on the shelf.

So the truck is all ready for unlimited driving and enjoyment. But I have to re polish all the chrome because it all got covered in oil. But other than that, it's great. So next week sometime, we'll go and drive it and I'll take a video. :twothumbsup:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Thanks for all the complements guys! It was impressive that it only took us two weeks to restore it like we did. But it took Watts two and a half weeks to do the brakes. It needed every single brake part in the whole system. We just got it back last week. On Monday, my dad and I were cruising dow route 22 and he looked in the mirror and his face got real concered. I looked out the back window and I couldn't see very well because the back window was completely covered in oil. We immediately pulled over and found that everything on the whole back of the truck was covered in gear oil. It looked like somebody took a 5 gallon bucket of 90 weight and set it on the fifth wheel plate and set a grenade off in it. OIL EVERYWHERE. It sorta seemed like it was coming from the front drive axle, but it was hard to tell exactly where it was coming from because of all the oil everywhere.

So we took it to Watts and they figured out that the oil filter on the axle had a hole in it and was spraying right on the u-joint, thus the oil spraying everywhere. But they fixed it and now it's fine. And, the oil filter on the axle is the same as a small block chevy oil filter, so it now has a cool chevy racing oil filter on it. Plus, if we ever have to change that filter, we already have a bunch on the shelf.

So the truck is all ready for unlimited driving and enjoyment. But I have to re polish all the chrome because it all got covered in oil. But other than that, it's great. So next week sometime, we'll go and drive it and I'll take a video. :twothumbsup:

Ben

\

Cool. I woulda crapped my pants if that happened to my U.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I finally got to see the video. For some reason it wouldn't play on my iPhone. That was some nice work done fast! The truck looks fantastic. You guys should be proud. Nice shop you guys have too.

Thanks! I can't figure out why it won't play on mobile devices. It won't play on my dad's iPad either, it's that way for everything.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j