CL 1963 B75 one owner truck

thats on my want list someday. always wanted a single axle B75 with a triplex. price is decent if the cab is solid. good fenders can be found. has the old style 50's mirror brackets on it which is weird unless someone changed the doors... by 63 Mack was using the Delbar bracket that Watts sells yet and bolt pattern.. also must be a retrofit by Mack turbo.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

On and off, that one's been for sale on craigslist for a while -- all the way back to last year if I remember. Wish I was closer to go look at at. I too want a single axle with a triplex, though I'd prefer a B61. Saw one around here but for a lot more money with a rough cab and engine. So this seems like a good buy if it's in decent shape. That turbo on the 711 must have been the after-market one Mack sold? I've heard of 711s with a turbo but never seen one. A 4.11 rear and a single axle for a B75 with a triplex seems a bit odd; wonder if the rear end is also a more recent swap. Interesting truck!

On and off, that one's been for sale on craigslist for a while -- all the way back to last year if I remember. Wish I was closer to go look at at. I too want a single axle with a triplex, though I'd prefer a B61. Saw one around here but for a lot more money with a rough cab and engine. So this seems like a good buy if it's in decent shape. That turbo on the 711 must have been the after-market one Mack sold? I've heard of 711s with a turbo but never seen one. A 4.11 rear and a single axle for a B75 with a triplex seems a bit odd; wonder if the rear end is also a more recent swap. Interesting truck!

The turbo kit on the 711 was a Mack solution to the 711 blowing head gaskets.It moved the heat out of the head quicker than without it. Mack also redesigned the head to have more head bolts to aide in clamping of the gaskets.

Well I bought it. It needs some lovin that's for sure, but it ran good. It will end up being a long term project. He is going to deliver it for me next week. I got it for 4k delivered so hopefully with time and lovin it will end up nice

Sweet congrats! Why don't you just drive it as it is? The truck looks like its in good shape... But pictures can be decieveing....

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

ya it pictures alot better than it is, the back of the cab on the bottom needs to be cut and patched and the floor of the cab needs attention. The hood is in good shape, it is aluminum. And the fenders you can see, they arent on the top of my list to replace yet because the cab needs the attention first but over time ill get to everything. Its a 50 footer but i can do a little at a time, it needs a bit more work than i really wanted but its close to me and he will deliver it so it was easy to get. when i get it ill post some pictures