Neglected iron in SC

bubbamobilin

Hope this works. I'm not very computer literate.

I delivered a load just south of Spartanburg SC today and found some cool old stuff sitting in the woods.

Check out the DM with the tree growing up between the frame rails. It has a set of 52 or 54 rears. Found the hood sitting down the way with another hood the owner says is for a U model. Check out the V8 emblem on it. The GMC Astro has a 318. I think the White is a 8000 or 9000. The hood emblem just said White Diesel. The F model is a single axle. The roll off cabover is a Mack but I'm not sure of the model, but it has 44 rears. I'm not sure of the model on the IH truck or the Dodge.

lawson equip.zip

I hate snakes, scared to death of them. I scream like a little girl when I see them. Or say the S word and run. Bees, eh, I just run.

But that U model hood with the V8 emblem is sweeeeeet as pie. Id like that. That green DM cab is good too, I could use those marker lights off the top of it, and the splash guard for the passenger side.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Cool stuff, I like the V-8 U nose. Hey Vinny, I though DM 600's had a "belly" Chassis?

That one looks like straight rails. Snakes... went to a yard in Florida early this year and the owner led me in with a Weed Wacker with no strings on it. Ran it on the car we were at, said the vibrations made the snakes leave. Thought he was full of it, till he opened the hood and I saw all the snake skins. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That is quite an assortment. The IH is a Fleetstar 2000. The cabover mack is an MB or M something. The cabover without a grill is a Pete. I don't know anything about Dodges. The White might be a 9000. It has the corporate(Autocar driver) cab. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Mike

I had more time today to play with the computer and post these pics right. Hope ya'll can enjoy them a little better.

The DM does have the pot belly chassis, my pic just doesn't show it very well. There are several sets of Mack boggies sitting around.

Hope ya'll can open the pic of the 78 R model. It was the first thing I noticed when I pulled in the guys yard. He asked me if that truck looked familiar. It was one of my dad's old R's he bought back in the late 80's. It came out of the Texas oil fields. Dad sold it to a local logger and this fellow bought it from him.

This is for Brocky. The man's name is Dale Lawson but I don't have any contact info on him. All I know is he lives in Pauline, SC.

Mr. Lawson said he still has the U model with the 865 V8 over at another farm. He said his dream was to restore the DM one day.

post-199-0-55547800-1345846569_thumb.jpgpost-199-0-92642000-1345846608_thumb.jpgpost-199-0-34560200-1345846842_thumb.jpg

I had more time today to play with the computer and post these pics right. Hope ya'll can enjoy them a little better.

The DM does have the pot belly chassis, my pic just doesn't show it very well. There are several sets of Mack boggies sitting around.

Hope ya'll can open the pic of the 78 R model. It was the first thing I noticed when I pulled in the guys yard. He asked me if that truck looked familiar. It was one of my dad's old R's he bought back in the late 80's. It came out of the Texas oil fields. Dad sold it to a local logger and this fellow bought it from him.

This is for Brocky. The man's name is Dale Lawson but I don't have any contact info on him. All I know is he lives in Pauline, SC.

Mr. Lawson said he still has the U model with the 865 V8 over at another farm. He said his dream was to restore the DM one day.

post-199-0-55547800-1345846569_thumb.jpgpost-199-0-92642000-1345846608_thumb.jpgpost-199-0-34560200-1345846842_thumb.jpg

Oh sweet!!! Will you ever be at the other farm to see the U model for pictures and a serial number?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That dodge looks like it might be a 58 0r 59 not sure of the model but there was a similar one at my grandmas house that i scrapped.

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|