hi New to Big mack trucks

Have 70 mack U model Dump Truck 6-wheeler

79 mack Dm685 tri-axle

Will post some pictures when I get chance

I am looking for a right front front spring hanger for the u Model

Part #53qk567 RH

I am in Ct.

I have been searching and not finding the part

I picked up a hanger with correct # with an A on the end, but the spring eylet relation to the front crossmember is different

It Bolts in no problem but the right side of truck sits about 1.5" too high

I have thought about changing the left hanger to match, Not sure if that is crazy or not

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Thanks for the Welcome

We are in North Haven CT

I have Tried Ebay and no luck

There are a couple of contractors that have a lot of parts in Ct

I wandered through Cherry Hills yard

Quite a few old macks. but none with correct part

The u model started out life as a tractor and was kept in norhford ct. They used to have a fleet of like 50 of these.

All the parts and trucks were all sold years ago

Thanks for the Welcome

We are in North Haven CT

I have Tried Ebay and no luck

There are a couple of contractors that have a lot of parts in Ct

I wandered through Cherry Hills yard

Quite a few old macks. but none with correct part

The u model started out life as a tractor and was kept in norhford ct. They used to have a fleet of like 50 of these.

All the parts and trucks were all sold years ago

I have the remnants of a U model that rolled out back. Can you get me a detailed photo of the bracket you need as the one I have is buried in muck, (sitting in mud).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

79 mack Dm685 tri-axle

Part #53qk567 RH

I am in Ct.

I picked up a hanger with correct # with an A on the end, but the spring eylet relation to the front crossmember is different

I have thought about changing the left hanger to match, Not sure if that is crazy or not

thanks

Hello, Im Vinny, Im 12 years old and as you can see I love U models. I also have one, a 1975 U685ST tractor. Cant wait to see photos of that U model of yours!!! Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Hi Rob

Here is the picture of the right front spring hangerpost-12066-0-98799300-1342660574_thumb.j

Thanks for the photos. I'll get a look tomorrow afternoon to see if what I have will work for you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I went out and checked this morning and my hanger also has an "A" on the end of the part number. At this point I'm not much help and you certainly don't want to "tip the balance" to the left on one of those things by running the wrong hanger and being high on the rt. side..........

I'll do some other digging around to see if I can come up with something.

Rob

Thanks for all the Help

The vin # is u611t1719

All the parts I have found in the places in Ct have an a on the end of the part #

I think this front axle was a lighter version being it was a tractor

However it lasted all these years and we broke it.

The truck was buried in mud and we were pulling it with excavator from that side , We noticed it was broken right after that

Try and get the picture of truck on todaypost-12066-0-62297700-1342742006_thumb.jpost-12066-0-62297700-1342742006_thumb.j

post-12066-0-68112100-1342742018_thumb.j

post-12066-0-70356900-1342742033_thumb.j

post-12066-0-48526500-1342742034_thumb.j

post-12066-0-40488800-1342742035_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for all the Help

The vin # is u611t1719

All the parts I have found in the places in Ct have an a on the end of the part #

I think this front axle was a lighter version being it was a tractor

However it lasted all these years and we broke it.

The truck was buried in mud and we were pulling it with excavator from that side , We noticed it was broken right after that

Try and get the picture of truck on todaypost-12066-0-62297700-1342742006_thumb.jpost-12066-0-62297700-1342742006_thumb.j

Let me tell you I love that U model!!! And thank you for the chassis number.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

79 mack Dm685 tri-axle

Part #53qk567 RH

I am in Ct.

thanks

I have a 69 R685LT that has the same part# 53QK567 RH,( but dont want to sell it) you might look at the early R model with the stacked springs should be fairy easy to find. i bet the hanger that is longer came off of the 3 leaf spring setup. Ron

I have a 69 R685LT that has the same part# 53QK567 RH,( but dont want to sell it) you might look at the early R model with the stacked springs should be fairy easy to find. i bet the hanger that is longer came off of the 3 leaf spring setup. Ron

I looked on my 72 R model chassis with stacked springs and the hanger is the same part number with the "A" suffix.

Rob

I looked on my 72 R model chassis with stacked springs and the hanger is the same part number with the "A" suffix.

Rob

I will have to look again must have overlooked the A. i will look agian after work. Ron

Thanks

will do

I looked again it does not have the A at the end, i will look to see if i have any of those hangers laying around. the 69 was 4 1/2" from the center of the pin to the top of the bracket. Ron