purchased a 1962 b61 w/ intergo sleeper

I have used Pauls and Royal Silver Manufacturing in Norfolk, VA for my show quality plating. For my "more industrial" type stuff I use Hanlon's in Richmond, VA. Pauls and Royal Silver do excellent work and they price accordingly. Hanlon's is not quite as high in quality, but their prices are much lower.

I have found that if I polish the items before I deliver them to the plater I save quite a bit of the cost. Platers generally charge in the $50.00 per hour range to polish up the items they are plating, so the more you can do to get the items "plate" ready the less it will cost you.

You will also find it is generally cheaper to buy new parts in lieu of getting the original plated unless you can do the work needed to make the item ready for plating. For example some pretty rough original hub caps were quoted at $250.00 each versus $125.00 each for new ones from Watts Mack. Stainless fasteners can be polished to look like chrome; they don't crack when tightened and are much cheaper.

Whoever you use make sure you photograph each and every item alone and in a group. Send the pics along with an inventory to the plater so items are not misplaced at the platers.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!