Macungie ATCA Truck Show

leversole

Dave, I have to tell you...If I ever bought a modern truck, I would want it to be (and look) just like yours! I love the way your truck looks, It is gorgeous!

About the only thing I would add would be another stack on the drivers side! What engine and trans do you have? Did you buy it new? Do you work it everyday? Occasionally?

Thanks

Leslie

post-6773-0-44747700-1339958533_thumb.jp

Thanks for the compliments. There are more pics in Garage section. It is an E9 450, 12 speed with 50k rears. It really is my son's project, and it is has Pa "classic" registration, but we wanted a working class truck, and would not hesitate to take it anywhere.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I don't know how many guys heard the story about the three trucks Tackaberry just bought in New England, a 359 Pete, an Autocar Legend Limited Edition, and an axle forward Diamond Reo. These trucks are virtually new, never registered and never put on the road. An incredible find!

post-2383-0-14439800-1339977302_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-72417100-1339977317_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-81589300-1339977331_thumb.jp

Thanks for the compliments. There are more pics in Garage section. It is an E9 450, 12 speed with 50k rears. It really is my son's project, and it is has Pa "classic" registration, but we wanted a working class truck, and would not hesitate to take it anywhere.

I saw it pull in, I watched it until he shut it off. It was cool....

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I don't know how many guys heard the story about the three trucks Tackaberry just bought in New England, a 359 Pete, an Autocar Legend Limited Edition, and an axle forward Diamond Reo. These trucks are virtually new, never registered and never put on the road. An incredible find!

I went up and looked at that Diomond Reo. I liked it.

Your Superliner is beautiful! Walked around it several times.

A quick question about the hood. On one side it said econodyne but not the other. I haven't seen that before on a V8?

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

that green R600 was sweet. so was the red ED parked right behind it. also the Blue Arrow B70 was pretty nice. was a solid truck but had a gas hog 707 in it. sounded good tho. think the last offer he has was $4500 for it. i saw it leaving on a wrecker but dunno if he sold it. also saw the prototype truck comin back empty, dunno who they delivered it to. i spotted that white r model water truck on the way back also Vinney. did u see the green 780's R model with flat bed on it on 81 on the way down or back?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I've seen them three ways, with Econodyne on one side, on both sides, and not at all. Originally it had Econodyne on the left side only, so that's how we left it. The V8 emblems were added. This hood came off of a Cummins powered RW in California. "David" has the original hood. The truck had a barnyard red paint job on it when we got it. The color was actually a mistake, we wanted the original green which was much darker, but when we saw it in the spruce green color, we never told the painter any different.

post-2383-0-98345800-1339978267_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-37067400-1339978286_thumb.jp

that green R600 was sweet. so was the red ED parked right behind it. also the Blue Arrow B70 was pretty nice. was a solid truck but had a gas hog 707 in it. sounded good tho. think the last offer he has was $4500 for it. i saw it leaving on a wrecker but dunno if he sold it. also saw the prototype truck comin back empty, dunno who they delivered it to. i spotted that white r model water truck on the way back also Vinney. did u see the green 780's R model with flat bed on it on 81 on the way down or back?

Hell yes I saw that green R. I saw it on the way down.

Was at the show but missed the nnon meeting ! was at the plant tour then the museum tour right after !

this show was great lots of truck to look at and get sick for buying myself one of those Mack one day .

I took many pics will post soon !!!

I was able to hear the E9 V8 500 form the Orange Superliner !!! this type of motor sound is music .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

Remember that yellow Superdog with the single axle. I stood there and watched it as they guy put his foot on the floor and sat there trying to build air. Diesel smoke. Reminded me of my good ole U model. Im gonna smoke that place out when my U rolls in. Just kidding, she dont smoke tooooooo bad.

From what i heard around 3pm when the silent auction for the "prototype" R600 ended, Roger Gerhart bought it.

Doug, how or with whom would I ask or suggest that the stone driveway (over by where the buses pick people up) get paved???? Every year all of us over there have the same complaint- anytime someone drives by (especially with a non-clutched fan) the dust gets unreal and gets all over our trucks. Is the park privately owned? Owned by Macungie?? Do you think ATCA would consider giving the town a donation to go towards paving? I cant imagine it would be all that expensive, the stone drive is only 100 yards long or less.....Maybe John Haines IV would even consider helping for a tax write-off.....just throwing out suggestions.......

The park is a privately owned piece of property. There is very little that can be accomplished around the park. The gravel road along Walnut is about 650 feet long, I know, I measured the entire park when we changed the layout in 2005. We have hauled stone in to fill the potholes in the gravel road to the soccer field because no one else would take responsibility for it. We tried to make a better exit for trucks but it just never worked. The past few years we were able to park trailers at the Tyler Pipe lot, this year it was full of new Macks, so we couldn't use it. In the past few years that alley out to Walnut St has been blocked by the person who owns it. It falls in the gray area between the borough and the township, so nothing gets done.

As far as the ATCA paying for paving, I don't think that will happen. We pay a good price to rent the park and do what we can to help them out. As far as H & K paving it for charity, I can't answer that... but it is a good suggestion.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I had an awesome time at the show for sure. I took a whole bunch of pics and video. It was great meeting some of you guys in person too.

One thing bothered me though: the blue B70. My dad was really serious about buying it. The current offer was $4500. We were like back and forth and my dad finally told the guy $5000 cash deal right now. The guy said he had one more guy that wanted to hear it run, and if he didn't have a better offer, we got it. Well, we never got a call back. I saw it leave behind the orange wrecker and I told my dad. He called the guy and said, "Hey, I saw you sold it, what did it sell for?" the guy said $5000. My dad was like "Well jeeze man, that was my offer!" I don't know exactly what the guy said, but it wasn't a good answer or an apology. That was really weak, and it made us really mad.

If any of you guys bought it please let me know, so I know it at least went to a good home.

But oh well, I had a good time and that's what really matters. I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

i was not too fond of the guy that owned the B70. sorry if its someone on this site but he acted like he wanted to sell it but was gonna see who would pay the most. sure it was a nice survivor, but still was cobbed, someone stretched the frame poorly and it still had a 707 in it with a gas rear end. not bad but not something your gonna junp in and do 65 with and get decent fuel mileage. he also seemed to have the attitude like he was the only one around who knew anything about a B model. kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

i was not too fond of the guy that owned the B70. sorry if its someone on this site but he acted like he wanted to sell it but was gonna see who would pay the most. sure it was a nice survivor, but still was cobbed, someone stretched the frame poorly and it still had a 707 in it with a gas rear end. not bad but not something your gonna junp in and do 65 with and get decent fuel mileage. he also seemed to have the attitude like he was the only one around who knew anything about a B model. kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Yep, I'm with ya.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Great group of guys and and a super show! The ATCA out did themselves once again with excellent weather and a stunning selection of trucks! Well done guys!

Thanks to everyone for coming over to the booth for the group photo! Turned out great! We were pretty busy all day so I didn't manage to get any photos this year! Hopefully someone can post their album here for all of us to see!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

What is the story behind them? Any photos of interiors?

Most of the Motley Crew!! I believe someone else may have a better picture...

With names so far...click to see a larger version (if you have a strong stomach!)

Ouch! I did not heed the warning - good thing I did not make it to the show, I would have lowered the photogenic rating by at least 50%.

I was at home babysitting parenting, I think David wins the best hat contest.

Post any other photos you have (except for additional steering wheel & crotch ones!) those of us who did not get to come out and play appreciate seeing the trucks.