Look at this ole brockway for sale

Frmconcrete09

That is interesting - I like the rear brace or sway bar thing coming off the rear axle up to the frame. I wonder what the original wheels looked like?

Those are the stock wheels, they ran them till the mid 40's. Spokes were on the heavier chassis'

The rear brace is a torque rod which helps keep the pinion angle close to the same, loaded or un loaded. Most of the ultra heavy All Wheel drive units run them on the front axle from the spring pads to the front spring mounts. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

As was said Brockway used Budd Wheels quite extensively in early years. Torque arms were pretty much standard on Brockways into the 1970'S. We had a new 361 with them and all the other ones I saw had them. That truck has been for sale for at least 2 years that I know of. Joe D.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Very cool truck! I'm not sure I get the transmission set up though. :idunno: Is the seller saying it has two 2 speed boxes with low and high gears? It sure seems like SOMEONE would snap this up;looks like it'd be easy to make it a driver.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Very cool truck! I'm not sure I get the transmission set up though. :idunno: Is the seller saying it has two 2 speed boxes with low and high gears? It sure seems like SOMEONE would snap this up;looks like it'd be easy to make it a driver.

Speed

It has a 4 speed main box with a 2 speed Browne auxiliary box for 8 forward gears and 2 reverse. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE