The Yellow G-model

other dog

Remember a while back when I said I saw a yellow G-model on rt. 360 in Keysville, Va. and rode over to look at it in the pickup, but it was gone?..nobody?

I know Mark remembers because he said he went to Keysville to look too.

Well, anyhow, when I was leaving for Moundsville, W.V. with a load of those mats Wednesday Jeff Moore was leaving in his pickup to go to Va. Truck Center. in Roanoke. That's the Mack and Freightliner dealer. He told me I should stop by, they had free hotdogs. I told him no thanks, because the scales right across the street from them might be open. Not worth getting an overweight ticket for a free hotdog. Hotdogs aren't that expensive anyway, and I had a couple of bucks in my pocket.

Yesterday he told me they also had some old trucks there, and I could have parked at the truckstop at Troutville and rode with him. Too bad we didn't think of that plan Wednesday, eh? I wasn't too interested in a hotdog, but I do love old trucks. He said there was a bright yellow G-model Mack and an H-model painted in Roadway colors there, plus some more old units on a trailer. He didn't have a camera, and didn't know how to take a picture with his phone.

I told him about the G-model I saw, and he filled me in on some background about the Jones brothers.

One Jones brother owns Abilene Trucking, out of Richmond. It's called Abilene because they're originally from Abilene, Va.

One Jones brother owns Key Truck and equipment in Keysville, where I saw the G-model parked.

One Jones brother is a truck salesman for Va. Truck Center.

One Jones brother worked for Roadway.

They also have this http://www.keystonetractorworks.com/

and that is where the yellow G-model and Roadway H is.

I didn't know they had so many trucks there. I knew they had my late friend Gary Barr's Diamond T, he drove for Abilene, but on the museum website they just had tractor pictures.I found some truck pictures on their facebook page-

I'm gonna have to go check this museum out soon. I'll see if Mark and David want to go too, we could meet for a hotdog.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Remember a while back when I said I saw a yellow G-model on rt. 360 in Keysville, Va. and rode over to look at it in the pickup, but it was gone?..nobody?

I know Mark remembers because he said he went to Keysville to look too.

Well, anyhow, when I was leaving for Moundsville, W.V. with a load of those mats Wednesday Jeff Moore was leaving in his pickup to go to Va. Truck Center. in Roanoke. That's the Mack and Freightliner dealer. He told me I should stop by, they had free hotdogs. I told him no thanks, because the scales right across the street from them might be open. Not worth getting an overweight ticket for a free hotdog. Hotdogs aren't that expensive anyway, and I had a couple of bucks in my pocket.

Yesterday he told me they also had some old trucks there, and I could have parked at the truckstop at Troutville and rode with him. Too bad we didn't think of that plan Wednesday, eh? I wasn't too interested in a hotdog, but I do love old trucks. He said there was a bright yellow G-model Mack and an H-model painted in Roadway colors there, plus some more old units on a trailer. He didn't have a camera, and didn't know how to take a picture with his phone.

I told him about the G-model I saw, and he filled me in on some background about the Jones brothers.

One Jones brother owns Abilene Trucking, out of Richmond. It's called Abilene because they're originally from Abilene, Va.

One Jones brother owns Key Truck and equipment in Keysville, where I saw the G-model parked.

One Jones brother is a truck salesman for Va. Truck Center.

One Jones brother worked for Roadway.

They also have this http://www.keystonetractorworks.com/

and that is where the yellow G-model and Roadway H is.

I didn't know they had so many trucks there. I knew they had my late friend Gary Barr's Diamond T, he drove for Abilene, but on the museum website they just had tractor pictures.I found some truck pictures on their facebook page-

I'm gonna have to go check this museum out soon. I'll see if Mark and David want to go too, we could meet for a hotdog.

Cool Otherdog!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Hatcity nice Dumper. The Roadway H-Model I think was owned by Lou Decampo from Canada who sold it to owner of Jevic who restored it. The blue and white W-Model was owned by the late Dr. Comcowitch. Nice pictures. Joe D.

I noticed it was painted just like Dr. Bill's but I didn't know they had it down there. I saw it had Va. antique tags on it, just thought it was a different one painted similar. Got a couple of videos of it, definately gotta go check that out.

Nice collection of trucks, the G looks great in yellow. The H looks like the one owned by Harry M....I won't attempt the spelling.

Thanks for explaining the origin of the Abilene Express name, that one has kept me up nights (I got no life).

One question. How many friggin' hot dogs did you plan on eating that you were concerned about an overweight ticket?

Jim

I believe that Roadway H63 was Harry Muschlegel's who had owned Jevic and now owns New Century. He sold his High Binder to Tackaberry a few years back and his Crackerbox to another guy from Ontario. I was also wondering where Dr Bill's W went to. Now for a trip to Virginia.

Mike

Thats a good find Tom! that sure looks like the G-model i saw in keysville,and it was being towed by a Virginia Truck Center wrecker when i saw it,so that makes sense. I'd sure like to see Dr.Bills's W-Model in person,i had the opportunity to meet and talk with him at an ATHS show,but he did not have it at the show that year. I think i have some pictures of the Roadway H-model that i took at the Mid-America truck show some years ago,have to see if i can find them..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I believe that Roadway H63 was Harry Muschlegel's who had owned Jevic and now owns New Century. He sold his High Binder to Tackaberry a few years back and his Crackerbox to another guy from Ontario. I was also wondering where Dr Bill's W went to. Now for a trip to Virginia.

Mike

Let us know when you're coming down, David,Mark,Ed,Larry, and myself will try to meet you there,Ed's buying the hotdogs.

I got to sit in Dr. Bills elusive W model back at Syracuse Nat convention. Got to speak with him too, about the videos he made with Lindsay. If I recall he had signs on all his trucks telling you to hop in and look around. That was 9 yrs ago!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hatcity nice Dumper. The Roadway H-Model I think was owned by Lou Decampo from Canada who sold it to owner of Jevic who restored it. The blue and white W-Model was owned by the late Dr. Comcowitch. Nice pictures. Joe D.

Joe I think the former Lou DeCampo H was an H-67.The Roadway H is an H-63.Your right about Harry Muhlschlagel (?) owning the H's,though.He had the both of them.Matt Pfahl did the Roadway truck for Harry.I don't know who restored the Lou DeCampo H for him.Both beautiful trucks,though. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The White Bash is going to be at that museum in Colonial Hgts VA on Labor Day W/E this year.. There are some more details on thw White Division of ATHS website.

Brocky

I saw on the keystone museum website that they're going to tour the P.L. Duncan collection too, he has lots of old everything at his place!

57BCR You are right about Lou Decampo's being a H-67. I should have remembered that as I saw it and talked to him many times at Macungie. Dr. Bill did want everyone to enjoy his trucks and as was said before he encouraged you to climb in. Joe D.

I wonder if the G model is the same one Harry M. had also.Several years ago he bought a very clean,low mile barn find G73 from a guy I know in Byron,IL.It was green,all original,NH220,Triplex.Supposedly Harry had a NOS G cab he was going to put on it,but that would have been a terrible waste,as it was as close to mint as you can get to begin with.Be interesting,at least to me,to know the history.

Al,do you remember the one I'm talking about???

Mike,

The Yellow G is the one Harry had. When I first saw the yellow one in Virginia I thought it looked familiar. I went through some pictures and verified that it is the one from Harry. It was a nice barn find, as if it was just off the road truck when Harry got it. I think it is a 1959, it had the intake louvers on the side of the cab but it has been converted to an intake stack. Jones had been frequenting many auctions in the area buying up some of the nice restored trucks for their museum. I haven't had the opportunity to meet him yet but several of my friends have and they have nice words about him. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I wonder if the G model is the same one Harry M. had also.Several years ago he bought a very clean,low mile barn find G73 from a guy I know in Byron,IL.It was green,all original,NH220,Triplex.Supposedly Harry had a NOS G cab he was going to put on it,but that would have been a terrible waste,as it was as close to mint as you can get to begin with.Be interesting,at least to me,to know the history.

Al,do you remember the one I'm talking about???

Yes,I do Mike. I heard the story went,Jack was putting the ad up on the board at an ATHS convention.He didn't even have the pin pushed in the cork board when Harry went up to him and said,"don't even put it up there,I'll take it"! Never did get to see the truck in person.But heard it was nice,original.A survivor!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

57BCR You are right about Lou Decampo's being a H-67. I should have remembered that as I saw it and talked to him many times at Macungie. Dr. Bill did want everyone to enjoy his trucks and as was said before he encouraged you to climb in. Joe D.

.Very true about Dr. Bill.I noticed in the W.O.T.,that Lou passed away. Now Lou and Dr. Bill can truck together again upstairs,R.I.P. guys!

Thanks other dog, I hadn't heard ot the Keystone mob nor had I seen their EGU/EHU/EwhateverU. What a collection! Have dropped them a line to see if they'd like to add her to the E-model registry.

• Like 1

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Yes,I do Mike. I heard the story went,Jack was putting the ad up on the board at an ATHS convention.He didn't even have the pin pushed in the cork board when Harry went up to him and said,"don't even put it up there,I'll take it"! Never did get to see the truck in person.But heard it was nice,original.A survivor!

Wish I could remember who Jack bought it from,all I can remember is he was from Dixon,IL.

Thanks other dog, I hadn't heard ot the Keystone mob nor had I seen their EGU/EHU/EwhateverU. What a collection! Have dropped them a line to see if they'd like to add her to the E-model registry.

Just a quick follow-up. They got back to me with the VIN. She's an EGU but badged as an EHU. Thanks, Keystone!

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries