Mack Factory U Model Consept Sketchings? HELP!

You know how when a company is gonna design a new vehicle, the engineers sketch it to what they want it to look like but after the vehicle is all done it looks a little different? Well I was wondering if anybody knew about or had any of them from the factory for U models. Im talking about like a consept drawing. I would love to send the Mack Museum an email but ive sent them 2 emails with the same questions and they didnt answer. Please help,,,Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Be patient. The museum staff is small and over whelmed with requests, it sometimes takes a while for a reply. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ya I know but this was like a few months ago. I will still wait.

Can they be reached by phone? A few months is a long time. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Na, I dont want to waste their time. They already did so much for me, like all the stuff for my U and all the stuff they sent me when I first wrote to them before I even had my Mack!!

I don't think Don would consider doing research for you a "waste" of his time. I'd wager he'd be happy and proud to do it. I just hope he doesn't get a pain in the neck from looking at all the drawings leaning his head to the left.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Send them a letter in the mail then. They will probably respond to that.

Ben

I finally sent them a letter last week after years of wanting to and putting it off.I picked 4 trucks at random to do research on.This week I got a nice "Thank You" letter from them and was told I'd have my info in 4 to 5 weeks.

I finally sent them a letter last week after years of wanting to and putting it off.I picked 4 trucks at random to do research on.This week I got a nice "Thank You" letter from them and was told I'd have my info in 4 to 5 weeks.

When I sent the letter in about the B60, I got that same letter. My mom came over to the shop with a Mack envelope in her hand and gave it to my dad and I to open. I was really excited to see what it said so I tore it open and looked at it. Then I just busted out laughing. Then about 3 weeks later, I got a call from Don and then I got all the stuff in the mail.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Anyone who is going to Macungie next month should really take time to go to the museum and see everything they have and meet Don he is a real nice guy and knows his Mack's and is interesting to talk to

And give them a small donation to help the museum. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

They dont make right hand drive U models.

They thought about it for export; but upon viewing the reflection in a mirror, it scared the shit outta them so the idea was dropped like a hot rock.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Uhhhhh, huuhhhh. Whatever you want to think Uncle Rob, I know thats wrong though.

Can't says I blame em. You know "two wrongs don't make a right".

That could be a lesson for the day.

Uncle Rob

Theres alot of things that I want to say right now, but I wont because im a nice kid. If BigMackTrucks.com still had the dislike button with the like button, I wouldve disliked that. Its ok when you guys joke and say U models are lopsided and flip over and stuff, but Brian, you crossed the line. For one you offended me by calling me gay, and two since you said that you made me mad about U models. You just called me and my Papa gay!!! WTF? My Papa is the best guy ever and I flip out when somebody says anything bad about them. Just ask this kid in school Austin. This crossed the line,, Ive had it. I dont care if your joking either. Keep it to your self.

P.S. You also just called pretty much all my buddys on here gay, so what are you? Thats just cold.

That is NOT my interpretation and you are too thin skinned for this crowd if you are, or were offended. Nobody called anybody a fucking faggot or anything of the like least of all your grandfather who gave you the very reason to participate with this group. We found a niche that bothers you and we play on it. That is part of participation on this site. There is help, there is harrassment, and there is friendship/comraderie. If you cannot, or don't want to handle the ridicule, go over to the ATHS site and assume their "holier than thou" attitude of website management. It is not welcome here but the choice is yours to make.

I think you owe the group an apology.

Rob