Won't do this again

41chevy

Went to McKinney Texas for the Marmon show. Rain, tornados, hail and assorted fun on the 2800 mile round trip. Wife calls to ask me what to do about my shop and yard. So I ask what is wrong? She tells me the Pine Barrens has a wild fire and it's near my shop. She got upset and hung up when I told her to take photos and make sure the insurance is paid up. That was on the trip down. Call when I'm in Nashville on the way home and tells me there is a second fire and its a mile from the house and Oh by the way, your shop and a few vehicles burned up last week.

I'll never leave home alone again ....

post-3242-0-93161500-1334856112_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Luckly this was where I scrapped equipment, my repair shop and working equipment is across the road. I gained a lot of open area that I couldn't clear because it was Pine Barrens....Cleared now.LOL I lost a 34 foot horse trailer I used as a moble shop on site (empty) a "classic" 1980 Dodge Caravan and a shell of a 1946 Chevrolet bus that was loaded with crap. The building had a few Sears top boxes with junk yard tools for on salvage work and and old Lincolin Stick welder. Strange thing is of 10 sets of Oxy and Acet. tanks only one set went off on the yard cart and one plumbers tank has the valve cooked. The other tanks are singed but suprisingly good! Here is a a shot off the worst...

post-3242-0-83698800-1334878953_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Luckly this was where I scrapped equipment, my repair shop and working equipment is across the road. I gained a lot of open area that I couldn't clear because it was Pine Barrens....Cleared now.LOL I lost a 34 foot horse trailer I used as a moble shop on site (empty) a "classic" 1980 Dodge Caravan and a shell of a 1946 Chevrolet bus that was loaded with crap. The building had a few Sears top boxes with junk yard tools for on salvage work and and old Lincolin Stick welder. Strange thing is of 10 sets of Oxy and Acet. tanks only one set went off on the yard cart and one plumbers tank has the valve cooked. The other tanks are singed but suprisingly good! Here is a a shot off the worst...

post-3242-0-83698800-1334878953_thumb.jp

Damn - that stuff is cooked!

If you clean up the scorch marks on the tanks, can you exchange them? I bought some after a fire one time and they would not take them - at least until I cleaned and painted them!

The 1980 Dodge caravan is a real loss that tugs at my heart .................

So no one is allowed to clear the pine barrens? But now it is cleared out?

Damn - that stuff is cooked!

If you clean up the scorch marks on the tanks, can you exchange them? I bought some after a fire one time and they would not take them - at least until I cleaned and painted them!

The 1980 Dodge caravan is a real loss that tugs at my heart .................

So no one is allowed to clear the pine barrens? But now it is cleared out?

The paint is drying as we sit here...That was my mint Caravan personally farted in driven in by Monica Lewinsk'is cigar handler. The Barrens are a protected ares in N.Y and N.J. The N.Y. DEC couldn't even do controlled burns to limit the dead brush. Now I'll get a nice tin Quanson Hut for a scrapper shop. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Insurance is replacing my building and hand tools, the horse trailer is 50 % (still ahead it was a $500.00 trailer) the rest is a wash...Sniff, Sniff no money for Lee Iococas Caravan...or the old bus. Still on the plus side though and still in business. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

You were granted another day to get out of bed and go to work - a lot of guys won't get that today - we are all lucky in a lot of ways.

I am still torn up about the caravan.

I'm sending some goodies to O Fallon, Mo I'll add the Ultra Limited Pine Barrens Edition Caravan to the pallet.... :whistling: :whistling:

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm sending some goodies to O Fallon, Mo I'll add the Ultra Limited Pine Barrens Edition Caravan to the pallet.... :whistling: :whistling:

You do that - I will add it to my pile for safe keeping. Don't worry, I will make sure it goes to a good home:

post-6658-0-30090000-1334948027_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-06502500-1334948043_thumb.jp

We like minivans around here, peel the top back with a chop saw and you have a great big tub to hold the scrap out of the shop - just like a big throw away tupperware container!

great scrap container idea Olive, I use the old caged chemical shuttles for putting scrap in. Take the bladder out then fill the cage thats attached to the pallet full of metal then take the forklift and easily load it on my trailer to haul away. I love good ol' fashioned ingenuity.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

You do that - I will add it to my pile for safe keeping. Don't worry, I will make sure it goes to a good home:

post-6658-0-30090000-1334948027_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-06502500-1334948043_thumb.jp

We like minivans around here, peel the top back with a chop saw and you have a great big tub to hold the scrap out of the shop - just like a big throw away tupperware container!

We have these things called "dumpsters" that we use for that job.