Practice what you preach

bullhusk

A real downer reading about all of us guys with this hobbie of ours (trucks) and not havin the funds to go to shows because of the price of fuel!! I know about this first hand, tryin to keep 20 trucks running every day, tires going up, paint, parts, and so-on all related to the coast of rising fuel prices!! Now back to my point: How about we do this (so the big boys in Washington could get a tast of our world) First thing we do is ground Marine 1 helicopter and buy a Chevy Volt (stretched of course) for the Obama short trips. #2 Ground Airforce 1 and send the Pres. across this great country of ours on an Amtrac Electric train... This will save us a lot of fuel and maybe even boost the sales on that Chevy Volt that Obama want us all to drive!! And least but not least, take the Goverment fuel card from Secterary Of Energy Stephen Chu an let him and his family by there own gas!!! and let them all PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH!!!! AND LET THEM FEEL THE CRUNCH AS WE DO!!

BULLHUSK

No kiddin'!!! Nobody knows more about this stuff,than the O/O and the small fleet owner! I threw in the towel 12 years ago and went to work for someone else then.I couldn't even imagine being an O/O or small fleet owner today! They just don't know how it feels to be us!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Add Mrs PBO practicing what she preaches relative to eating and she wouldn't need the "WIDE LOAD" banner on her ass.

Yes, it is going though a "growth spurt" hasn't it?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Add Mrs PBO practicing what she preaches relative to eating and she wouldn't need the "WIDE LOAD" banner on her ass.

Oh how right you are my friend!!.......I wonder if she's eatin all that healthy stuff when her and the 300 people (all family of course) go on those tax payer Zillion Dollar Va - Ka's??.. Must be somethin in the DC water??

I average as of this week $200.00 a day on fuel for my equipment and 2 trucks 6 days a week, I drive a 25 mile loop to pay $4.25 for diesel. we have stations here selling fuel for $5.09 a gallon! My cost on oxygen and aceteline had gone up 50%. The man promised in his campaign to triple fuel costs......only effin promise he kept

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A real downer reading about all of us guys with this hobbie of ours (trucks) and not havin the funds to go to shows because of the price of fuel!! I know about this first hand, tryin to keep 20 trucks running every day, tires going up, paint, parts, and so-on all related to the coast of rising fuel prices!! Now back to my point: How about we do this (so the big boys in Washington could get a tast of our world) First thing we do is ground Marine 1 helicopter and buy a Chevy Volt (stretched of course) for the Obama short trips. #2 Ground Airforce 1 and send the Pres. across this great country of ours on an Amtrac Electric train... This will save us a lot of fuel and maybe even boost the sales on that Chevy Volt that Obama want us all to drive!! And least but not least, take the Goverment fuel card from Secterary Of Energy Stephen Chu an let him and his family by there own gas!!! and let them all PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH!!!! AND LET THEM FEEL THE CRUNCH AS WE DO!!

BULLHUSK

yaaaaaa,,,or try flying coach,,like the rest of us have to do(IDIOTS)...bob :thumbsdown:

$52 for a lrg tank of Acetyline, $46 for oxygen and $122 for Argon 85 in a 75/25% mix.I average 2 acet and 3 Oxygen a week average and one mix every 3 weeks average. I know LOX is all most double the cost for equal CFM but never looked into using it. Do you need special parts to convert from liquid to gas? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

yaaaaaa,,,or try flying coach,,like the rest of us have to do(IDIOTS)...bob :thumbsdown:

Bob,

The new Rep. speaker of the house does fly this way, not like Nancy Polsi did, when she went and bought a new 737 and had it decked out to her likein with our money, so she could fly home to Ca. non-stop!!!

BULLHUSK

What do you pay there for oxy - aceteline?

I go through two large tanks of oxygen and one of acet every week and I am wondering if I should go to liquid oxygen?

I switched to propane. Not quite as hot but cheaper and much safer. And easier to find when you run out on a Sat afternoon.

$52 for a lrg tank of Acetyline, $46 for oxygen and $122 for Argon 85 in a 75/25% mix.I average 2 acet and 3 Oxygen a week average and one mix every 3 weeks average. I know LOX is all most double the cost for equal CFM but never looked into using it. Do you need special parts to convert from liquid to gas? Paul

The last load I bought, Acetylene was $43 and oxygen was $30 something. I use the Argon mix for my mig, but I don't even use a tank a month - I must tear more apart than I weld back together!

I switched to propane. Not quite as hot but cheaper and much safer. And easier to find when you run out on a Sat afternoon.

I have had guys tell me to go to propane. Do you use different tips? Do you have a manifold on a big tank or do you use forklift bottles? I have been buying used oxy/acety tanks at farm sales whenever I get a chance, Praxair has not said anything yet about me bringing in 15 tanks at a time to swap out, so I don't worry about weekends anymore!

I seen the menu they had for PM of england.I couldn't even afford the horse dovers.Bob D. Canada

While I'm eating pink slime which goes STRAIGHT TO MY HIPS!

My Dad was an o/o for a few years in the late 70's and was (by his own admiitance) really not much of a businessman, and yet he made a good living with 1 truck. Nowadays you need a business degree and a truck that gets 12 miles a gallon while grossing 80k to earn a net profit barely above poverty level!

Jim

While I'm eating pink slime which goes STRAIGHT TO MY HIPS!

My Dad was an o/o for a few years in the late 70's and was (by his own admiitance) really not much of a businessman, and yet he made a good living with 1 truck. Nowadays you need a business degree and a truck that gets 12 miles a gallon while grossing 80k to earn a net profit barely above poverty level!

Thats just about the way it is today

BULLHUSK

I seen the menu they had for PM of england.I couldn't even afford the horse dovers.Bob D. Canada

" Monies no object!! We'll just print more and tax the working saps" Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Bob,

The new Rep. speaker of the house does fly this way, not like Nancy Polsi did, when she went and bought a new 737 and had it decked out to her likein with our money, so she could fly home to Ca. non-stop!!!

BULLHUSK

ahhhhh appreciate the update,,,man,,,isnt that the same bimbo,,,that wants to disarm america,,,,these bigwigs need to put in a workweek,once in a while...to see what its like,such as single moms,,,paying 425 a gallon ,,for gas with tight budgets,,,what a buncha bullshit,,,while these spoiled brats fly all over the world,,,and eat lobster...and tell us we cant reopen the logging,,,cause the owls will get annoyed....and cant drill for gas cause the treehuggers will get annoyed,,,oh and dont forget now the phony president has to go kiss afganistans ass now,,,i suppose that asshole will be flying over there sucking up,,and appologizing,,,while we got kids starving to death,,,by the hundreds rite here,,,for lack of employment....bob :thumbsdown:
  • Like 2

I'm about sick to death of hearing about these lazy bastards that thinks the world (and me) owes them a living! and as far as the "government" why the hell would anyone care about what gas,food,etc, costs if you're not paying for it! course we ALL make 2/300,000 bucks a year right? i doubt there are many polititians currently who even know how to pump their own gas,or where to buy it,"i'll just ask my chauffer" or "whats a grocery store?" these people are so out of touch with cold,hard reality,its just not funny anymore! and yet and still,people keep voting them in! bout'time to send some of these damn deadbeats packing! (most of them actually) personally,i think its about time to find someone with a bluecollar background,to run the country,and get us back on track,course that aint ever gonna happen,too many happy with welfare,foodstamps,section 8,free healthcare,to be bothered with finding a job.......Pop always told me,"a man without a job,is just no F**KING good,useless to himself,and his family who depend on him"..................words i live by to this day!.................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm about sick to death of hearing about these lazy bastards that thinks the world (and me) owes them a living! and as far as the "government" why the hell would anyone care about what gas,food,etc, costs if you're not paying for it! course we ALL make 2/300,000 bucks a year right? i doubt there are many polititians currently who even know how to pump their own gas,or where to buy it,"i'll just ask my chauffer" or "whats a grocery store?" these people are so out of touch with cold,hard reality,its just not funny anymore! and yet and still,people keep voting them in! bout'time to send some of these damn deadbeats packing! (most of them actually) personally,i think its about time to find someone with a bluecollar background,to run the country,and get us back on track,course that aint ever gonna happen,too many happy with welfare,foodstamps,section 8,free healthcare,to be bothered with finding a job.......Pop always told me,"a man without a job,is just no F**KING good,useless to himself,and his family who depend on him"..................words i live by to this day!.................Mark

The fact is Mark, do you know when these SOB's get a job?? Just before the last U.P. check comes... And that my friend is a fact
  • Like 2