1959 B61T for sale in St.Louis MO

jdstl

After only having my B61 for a couple months I have lost my storage/parking spot at my friends house. Sadly I have no place to park it, as my subdivision isn't too hot on a semi tractor in my driveway. Its a single axle tractor with concave cab, and optional aluminum fuel tanks. 673 Diesel with Duplex trans.

I have done a decent amount of work to it since I bought it, here is a quick run down.

It starts up easily, runs/drives/stops pretty well and I have been driving it around town.

New wiring from front to back, 12 negative ground system now. Two new commercial batteries, new batt cables, and a new starter. In my resto thread you can see pictures of the dash panel and guages I restored. It has a new ATO type fuse panel. Head lights, high beams, low beams, tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals all work. Wiring has been run for the cab clearence lights and front running lights below the headlights but I didn't get a chance to wire them up yet. Tail lights are all new LEDs, front turn signals are new assemblies as well

Front tires are newer 22.5's, rears are still 20" tube type and are old and crappy, but hold air.

Frame from the cab back has been painted black, otherwise the truck is still the crappy paint in the pics.

Truck builds good air pressure after I serviced the compressor air cleaner and adjusted the regulator, no big air leaks, no oil or fuel leaks either.

Cab floor needs rust repair, but no rust through anywhere else other than a couple spots on the fenders and door corners (pretty minor).

I also just rebuild the door latches and made new drivers side door hinge pins so both doors shut and latch nicely.

Obviously its a project, but alot has been done so far and its to the point where you can drive it around on a limited basis and enjoy it as you work on it.

Price is $3000, I have all the info on the truck from the Mack museum, as well as a clear MO title.

Any questions give me a call, 314-775-6000. There are some pictures of it in the antique trucks section under "Jason's 1959 B61 resto" thread.

If you are local you can easily drive the truck home, however if your far away I would recomend trailering it as the rear tires are pretty old.

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by jdstl

-Jason-

1959 Mack B61T single axle short wheel base, concave cab. 673 diesel, duplex trans. Running but under contruction!

I'd put antique or collector plates on it and it's just another car. If you need to store it you can get it up here which is about 175 miles from Bevo Mill.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I already have historic plates on it, but the size of it in my two car driveway is kinda in the way, and an eye sore for my nieghbors (for long term parking that is). I'll have one again some day when I have the land/huge garage to store big toys like this! Thanks for the offers on storage though.

Jason

-Jason-

1959 Mack B61T single axle short wheel base, concave cab. 673 diesel, duplex trans. Running but under contruction!

Sorry seems like every time i go to take a pic its cloudy, but here's some of the truck:

IMG_20120129_164014.jpg

IMG_20120108_143000.jpg

IMG_20120107_155140.jpg

Rear of truck/frame after paint

IMG_20120109_161904.jpg

IMG_20120109_151145.jpg

Dash panel/wiring

IMG_20120116_162315.jpg

IMG_20120114_174030.jpg

Rear light panel with LEDs:

IMG_20120115_1619491.jpg

Thats all I have at the moment...

If your interested in seeing something specific message me with an email and I can take a pic and send it.

Jason

Edited by jdstl

-Jason-

Damm id love to have it, but yeah those guys are right, you can keep it indoor or outside at a storage unit.

Prolly be a good truck for a few parties on here but that concave cab is a little "cozy".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ya I'm pretty thin myself and the steering wheel is almost in my stomach. If your carrying a bit of a beer belly its not gonna be a comfortable driver! There aren't really any storage places close by that I would consider convienient. If it was a few minutes away like my friends house where I'm storing it that would be different. ITs just not worth it to me to have to make a 30+ minute round trip just to go get it and bring it back home to work on it. I have a 1 year old and my free time for the garage is limited as it is.

Jason

-Jason-

Prolly be a good truck for a few parties on here but that concave cab is a little "cozy".

Rob

I spent the day at a auction by St. Louis, so when it ended, I went by and met Jason and checked out this B model. He is a great guy and has got a really good start on restoring the truck. I was all lathered up to bring it home, but there is just no way I can get a bench seat in the truck with the concave cab. I wanted to stretch it and install a landoll rollback bed I took off a junk truck, but I need to be able to haul more than one kid with me when I would use it.

If you are looking for a real good project truck, it is well worth the moo-lah he is asking. I followed him driving it for a little bit and it does not smoke and it runs and sounds good.

Jason - Thanks for letting me look at it and I enjoyed meeting you - your B model sure sounded good going through the gears when you left up that hill - it was cold, but I had to leave the winders down to enjoy!

I spent the day at a auction by St. Louis, so when it ended, I went by and met Jason and checked out this B model. He is a great guy and has got a really good start on restoring the truck. I was all lathered up to bring it home, but there is just no way I can get a bench seat in the truck with the concave cab. I wanted to stretch it and install a landoll rollback bed I took off a junk truck, but I need to be able to haul more than one kid with me when I would use it.

If you are looking for a real good project truck, it is well worth the moo-lah he is asking. I followed him driving it for a little bit and it does not smoke and it runs and sounds good.

Jason - Thanks for letting me look at it and I enjoyed meeting you - your B model sure sounded good going through the gears when you left up that hill - it was cold, but I had to leave the winders down to enjoy!

A B-67 is even tighter inside with the concave back panel. It's a lot of work but you can convert the cab with a donor to supply parts.

Rob

Damn I don't know how it could get much tighter... The steering wheel is pretty damn close!

No problem... Sorry you had to make the trip down here just to find out it was too small for your needs. I have a guy coming from KC tomorrow for it, I made sure he knew its the small cab lol.

Jason

-Jason-

The concave backed B67 trucks used a 20" steering wheel and an FA-517 steering axle that had different characteristics than the Fa-505 common to the B61. Also the pedal mounting arrangement was offset to the left for clearance.

Rob

The concave backed B67 trucks used a 20" steering wheel and an FA-517 steering axle that had different characteristics than the Fa-505 common to the B61. Also the pedal mounting arrangement was offset to the left for clearance.

Rob

I sure would like to run across one of those 20" steering wheels....I could have a seat back instead of plywood!

Anyone? I have money! :twothumbsup: