more stuff leaving the USA.

mack mhe9

Seems the rest of the world knows the value of a Mack better than american truckers do...

Seems the 3rd world countries are the only only places with demand for trucks, too. What does that say about the global economy?

Macks built this country and now they are building many others.

Gregg

the old trucks are of the K.I.S.S rule and developing countires see this.

Its sad to see them leave but its better to see them Sell to a usefull owner than to rust away to nothing or get scrapped...I think that Red R700 was on ebay last week?

I didn't see it but had I...........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I didn't see it but had I...........

Rob

It's very sad last year I missed out on a nice R700 that I had in the palm of my hand and didn't give Devino a deposit (V8 Mack) I went back 2 days later and the exporter got it!!! 3 years ago the same thing happened to me with a V12 Brockway U360 in NY State, 5 minutes before i got there an export guy pulled out a brown bag with cash and bought it!! That truck was loaded into a container! Sad !

BULLHUSK

I hate to see these trucks leave the country too! especially when they obviously have'nt outlived there usefullness...........thing is,with our current government its getting harder and harder to keep an older truck on the road with all the epa/emissions B.S. many feel its just not feaseable anymore. I personally dont agree with this,but the only good i take from the export of American trucks is that they'll be USED and not sold for scrap. I read an article about this some years ago,and some of these foreign countries get another 20/30 years out of these Macks, held together with bailing wire and bubblegum,which as we all know is not gonna happen with say a pete or KW, all the more reason Macks are so desireable to expoters...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The EPA and DOT and Obama don't have much to do with it- outside of some parts of California, you can run an old Mack or whatever for as long as you wish. The real reason those Macks are getting imported is because too many trucker wannabes demand a long nose KW or Pete when an old Mack will do the job better.

Yes it is sad they are leaving the USA, but as complete trucks to go to work as that's what they were built for. Mack is a worldwide product and I am proud of that. I was in the Dominican Republic a few months ago and talking with some local truckmen they love the Macks as much as we do.

We have a generation of wastefull Americans that would rather throw it away than fix or repair it. Just my .02

FW

Yes it is sad they are leaving the USA, but as complete trucks to go to work as that's what they were built for. Mack is a worldwide product and I am proud of that. I was in the Dominican Republic a few months ago and talking with some local truckmen they love the Macks as much as we do.

We have a generation of wastefull Americans that would rather throw it away than fix or repair it. Just my .02

FW

When I was down there in 2000 it was the same way. You are very correct of the recent generations of Americans. Overly easy financing needs to go by the wayside to allow people to appreciate what they have and take care of it because replacement is not trivial.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.