B421 with a v8 cummins and a r model

In New Ringold Pa at the EZ pull and save u pull it yard, there is whats left of a B421 with a cummins v8 transplant, 5 +2 trans ( im hopping to get a pass side fender off of it but just in case i dont get to it in time i hope someone else gets it. The cab is very solid with a few dents. and a R model with a mopar v8 in it. Cab ruff hood looks usable yet lots of parts left in it.

A Mack with a hemi, man that would be awesome to have!!!!!!!!!

The 331, 354, and 392 "hemi" was not that great in stock trim, (very heavy) and not the powerhouse synonymous with the 426 "hemi" Chrysler power. Rare and collectible, sure. I've worked on several in cars and trucks. Good engines for their times.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The 331, 354, and 392 "hemi" was not that great in stock trim, (very heavy) and not the powerhouse synonymous with the 426 "hemi" Chrysler power. Rare and collectible, sure. I've worked on several in cars and trucks. Good engines for their times.

Rob

Rob,

Chrysler '53-56' had a 291 HEMI and I think Dodge had a 265 HEMI they too were heavy and very weak and problematic untill the 331 thru 392's came along, also do any of you guys remember Dodge putting Macks name on there PU trucks? When I was a kid back in the mid 60's, 65,66 some where around there, there were hundreds of them parked in Port Newark ready to be exported, all with Macks name on the hood and across the tailgate, they were all fender body trucks anyone ever see one??

Yes I remember them. The 291 had a hard time getting moving as it had so much iron to it and so little power. Never was around the 265 at all. The 331, and the 354 "Red Ram" were fantastic engines as far as torque but didn't like to rev very good. The 392 if built and balanced good would stay together all day at 7500 rpm and earned it's reputation at the drags, and the track. These were very good engines. Now the 426? It, and it's later offspring, there still ain't nothing better out there IMO. The 340, and 440 are still my favorite "wedge" engines to this day.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

In New Ringold Pa at the EZ pull and save u pull it yard, there is whats left of a B421 with a cummins v8 transplant, 5 +2 trans ( im hopping to get a pass side fender off of it but just in case i dont get to it in time i hope someone else gets it. The cab is very solid with a few dents. and a R model with a mopar v8 in it. Cab ruff hood looks usable yet lots of parts left in it.

Dodgeman, The R400 looks like the ones that Pabst Blue Ribbon had at there Newark NJ BR.(it looks like there color blue) they had 6yd dump bodies with the 413 Chrysler 5 speed + 2 in the rear I think they had 2 of them prob. mid to late 60's

BULLHUSK

Yes I remember them. The 291 had a hard time getting moving as it had so much iron to it and so little power. Never was around the 265 at all. The 331, and the 354 "Red Ram" were fantastic engines as far as torque but didn't like to rev very good. The 392 if built and balanced good would stay together all day at 7500 rpm and earned it's reputation at the drags, and the track. These were very good engines. Now the 426? It, and it's later offspring, there still ain't nothing better out there IMO. The 340, and 440 are still my favorite "wedge" engines to this day.

Rob

Right on Brother Rob!! Now your talkin!! 440+6 = 1350cfm's of gasoline and all the guy in the car next to you will see is your tail lights! (thats in third gear if your in fourth gear he'll see NO lights!!)

Ernie DS Super big MOPAR FAN!!

Wait... So dodge made trucks and just put the Mack name on them?

Yes that is what I saw, I remember my dad bought a new Chrysler 300 in 1965 and we were talkin to the owner of dealership about it (thats how I remember around what year was) he said he never heard of anything like that? Well a couple of days later he called my dad an said he had to take a ride down to see for himself an thats what they were, trucks built by Dodge with Macks name on them, also the same dock would have the Fargo the Canada Dodge for export. The company my dad did work for back then had warehouse's in the port so I would be down there 3 or 4 times a week, I never saw them again all you would see back then was VW Beatles an VW Buses comin in an Dodges an Fargo's goin out

BULLHUSK

Just a small correction, the EN414 engine is the Chrysler 413. Shame there isn't much left of the truck, it's VIN number makes it a 69, in fact it's only 3 behind mine. They built 201 of the 410P's between 1965 and 1970 so it's not one of the rarest R410's but there aren't many of the 350 or so 410's built still lying around.

Personally, I'd love to find a 410S model twin screw.

Edited by Keith

There used to be an R-400 parked behind the feed store in Dillwyn,Va. Straight truck, van body. Don't know if it's still there or not, I walked around and looked at it several years ago. Didn't have a camera with me at the time. I remember when the truck was running, it ran to Richmond and back to Seay Milling in Dillwyn. It was a diesel with a quadruplex, I do remember that.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Oh ok thanks bullhusk.

umodelnut,

I talked to an old-timer yesterday, who was a good friend of my dad's, I asked him about the Dodge / Mack P-U's ( I'm sort of secound guessin myself). What he told me is this, back in the 60's Dodge built some trucks for Macks Firetruck Div, they were heavy 3/4 ton with 9.5' step-side bodies, Mack took them an made them into, sorta like the forest fire trucks that we see in the States and shipped them overseas somewhere, they came in two colors Red or white. Now this was 47 years ago and I do remember the ones I seen were red, and I don't remember what was in the body (they were behind a fence about 10 or 20 yds from us), but I do know they were step side Dodges with Macks name on them, he also said that hey had Bulldog's on the hood, but that I do not remember.Maybe some of our Firetruck members know somethin about them?

Thanks BULLHUSK

umodelnut,

I talked to an old-timer yesterday, who was a good friend of my dad's, I asked him about the Dodge / Mack P-U's ( I'm sort of secound guessin myself). What he told me is this, back in the 60's Dodge built some trucks for Macks Firetruck Div, they were heavy 3/4 ton with 9.5' step-side bodies, Mack took them an made them into, sorta like the forest fire trucks that we see in the States and shipped them overseas somewhere, they came in two colors Red or white. Now this was 47 years ago and I do remember the ones I seen were red, and I don't remember what was in the body (they were behind a fence about 10 or 20 yds from us), but I do know they were step side Dodges with Macks name on them, he also said that hey had Bulldog's on the hood, but that I do not remember.Maybe some of our Firetruck members know somethin about them?

Thanks BULLHUSK

Don't know about the pickup deal,but the Mack B475 firetruck was built on a Dodge chassis,with a Hemi engine.