Check out the mods on this B Model Dump Truck

Being a former crane carrier chassis I can see the modifications to allow better vision during transport. B series trucks weren't the easiest thing to see out of, (my opinion) especially to up and sides.

The fenders? Could be for easier standing access to grease the boom and sheaves but I have no idea.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sure is different, looks like a CCC cab top grafted on. Odd look but nice job. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Check out the other items the guy has listed on ebay, he also has a pretty straight old Ford pickup and a old Dodge pickup and a set of three Nova's in a package deal. He is about 4 hours from me, I put a bid on the Mack to keep it from being scrapped, I have no idea what his reserve is.

Probably done when it was just a truck....heck I ran a 57 Pontiac Safari in a demo derby in 1973, it was just an old station wagon then. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I just bought this goofy thing on ebay. The guy said it is a B model and the title shows it to be a 1952. But I hear that the first B models came out in 1953? He is supposed to send me a photo of the door plate.

The guy said the crane company put the fenders on and it was open in the back of the cab so you could exit the cab from between the seats and get into the crane.

Once I get it home, I will post some pics.

I just bought this goofy thing on ebay. The guy said it is a B model and the title shows it to be a 1952. But I hear that the first B models came out in 1953? He is supposed to send me a photo of the door plate.

The guy said the crane company put the fenders on and it was open in the back of the cab so you could exit the cab from between the seats and get into the crane.

Once I get it home, I will post some pics.

. Also David you should send the Mack museum a letter with the serial number to get the build sheets and history of it.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I just talked to the guy and it now is buried under a butt load of snow. But I have been anxious to see the door plate to know what model it really is. He is supposed to "brave" the weather in his words and get me a pic

Is a butt load more or less than a shit load?

I just talked to the guy and it now is buried under a butt load of snow. But I have been anxious to see the door plate to know what model it really is. He is supposed to "brave" the weather in his words and get me a pic

Is a butt load more or less than a shit load?

A butt load drags you down a shitload raises you up....or so I'm told.

P.T.CHESHIRE

neither compares to "ass deep to a tall Indian on horseback"

Now that is the deepest -

The guy emailed me a photo of the door plate - it reads it is a model B61ST - serial number 20822

I wonder if the door is original or if it was grafted on as well