1940 Mack ED Model

post-9327-0-85006700-1321792961_thumb.jpI have the chance to buy a 1940 Mack ED model configured as a produce truck. Truck originally came from Brooklyn.

It runs and drives, the body is in great shape and everything is there. It is a survivor meaning that it does not need to be restored. My question is what is it worth?

Thanks

Big Robbie

Whatever you are willing to pay. It's all depending on how bad you want it and how bad the seller wants to sell it. The only set value for an antique truck starts out at what it will bring for scrap and goes up from there.ED's are fairly scarce,very desirable,and I've seen some bring some big money,as well as I've seen some go reasonable.If he's looking for an offer,I'd start out at $6000 and go from there .

• Like 1

You know everyone wants a Mack Jr. because it is the smallest Mack ever made. I have seen them priced in the $100,000 range. I don't know any selling prices. Of course the Mack Jr. is a Reo with Mack name plates. The ED is considered the smallest truck ever made by Mack. I don't know the number produced. There are still some around, but not that many. I am not surprised by the $17,000 price. I wouldn't pay it, but someone might.

Mike

• 11 years later...
On 11/20/2011 at 7:45 AM, BigRobbie said:

post-9327-0-85006700-1321792961_thumb.jpI have the chance to buy a 1940 Mack ED model configured as a produce truck. Truck originally came from Brooklyn.

It runs and drives, the body is in great shape and everything is there. It is a survivor meaning that it does not need to be restored. My question is what is it worth?

Thanks

Big Robbie

Does anybody know any history or Vin on this truck other than what's mentioned here? I just bought the twin to it and trying to find out history on it. Thanks

Here is a link to the page the picture is on::

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/1008/Mack-photos-A-Tribute-to-the-Bulldog?PageIndex=126

And here is a link to the whole website in case you want to join and contact him::

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Default.aspx

I have his email address if you PM/Email me thru here..

Brocky