1973 RL797LST with tank

KidNV

1973 RL797LST, ENDTB865, Mack 4.17 rears, with 11x24.5. Approx. 4000gal tank with system. Sleeper minus boot. Truck last worked 2 yrs ago, and had log bunks at one time. Of course, it ran when it was parked. Post for an aged friend who needs to start clearing the yard. I am not familiar with Mack products, so see the pics for any model and parts numbers and mileage etc. I have posted what he was able to tell me. Please EMAIL me, for his contact info. I do have lots more pics of it. Truck is south of Reno. He would like $4000.

post-9818-0-12597000-1320715172_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-27147600-1320715174_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-24987600-1320715176_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-40361200-1320715178_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-59244600-1320715180_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-81408500-1320715182_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-86836200-1320715185_thumb.jp

post-9818-0-86264800-1320715188_thumb.jp

Edited by KidNV

Can anybody in the area store this truck for me till spring? I don't have room inside the shop at this point, but would be interested in picking it up next spring. Be sad to see it be exposed to an Illinois winter.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob, it would probably be fine right where it is.... only 150' from the house, and they are there all the time....

That would be great. Can you get some detailed photos for me? You can stay fairly generic in nature but I'm particularly interested in the frame, (if stretched) and if the cab has been cut for both the sleeper addition, and the controls for the pump apparatus. It's not that I can't fix just about anything but wondering the amount of work to either repair, or recab the chassis.

Between "Momma" and these damned "700" series Macks, ole Rob is on the short end of the lifespan.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That would be great. Can you get some detailed photos for me? You can stay fairly generic in nature but I'm particularly interested in the frame, (if stretched) and if the cab has been cut for both the sleeper addition, and the controls for the pump apparatus. It's not that I can't fix just about anything but wondering the amount of work to either repair, or recab the chassis.

Between "Momma" and these damned "700" series Macks, ole Rob is on the short end of the lifespan.

Thanks,

Rob

Dont fret! i'll keep your secret! i'd sure like to have this one myself! if you can get it back to IL next spring maybe we can work something out! and i was thinking if this truck was equipped with log bunks,and from the west,that May be the factory wheelbase no? obviously not a factory sleeper,but it could be a start!................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You can stay fairly generic in nature but I'm particularly interested in the frame, (if stretched) and if the cab has been cut for both the sleeper addition, and the controls for the pump apparatus. It's not that I can't fix just about anything but wondering the amount of work to either repair, or recab the chassis.

Guess I should have posted the pics this way the first time.. Here's all I got of it. Dont think, or remember anysigns of a stretch when crawling around under it, see the frame pics. Cab hasnt been cut, window still in the cab. Sleeper was just, put on and used mainly for looks and storage it seems. Sleeper crawl thru has no boot, its open.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk30/kidnv/Roys/RL797/

You can stay fairly generic in nature but I'm particularly interested in the frame, (if stretched) and if the cab has been cut for both the sleeper addition, and the controls for the pump apparatus. It's not that I can't fix just about anything but wondering the amount of work to either repair, or recab the chassis.

Guess I should have posted the pics this way the first time.. Here's all I got of it. Dont think, or remember anysigns of a stretch when crawling around under it, see the frame pics. Cab hasnt been cut, window still in the cab. Sleeper was just, put on and used mainly for looks and storage it seems. Sleeper crawl thru has no boot, its open.

http://s276.photobuc...dnv/Roys/RL797/

I'd like to pursue this acquistion, (and endure the forthcoming inquisition when my wife finds out) so if you could put me in touch with the current owner that would be great.

Thanks for your help. When I get out there to pick it up I'll buy grubb.

Rob

Auto Affair Inc.

33545 N. IL Rt. 78

Farmington, IL 61531

309-219-2070 (cell)

robsautoaffair@gmail.com

Congrats. I showed the pictures to my father and he really wanted it, but my mother almost divorced him when he bought his last R L. It is an R L 712 L S T. He loves it. I hope he loves my mother more. If you had not bought it there would have been some big problems in Boyertown.

Mike

Congrats. I showed the pictures to my father and he really wanted it, but my mother almost divorced him when he bought his last R L. It is an R L 712 L S T. He loves it. I hope he loves my mother more. If you had not bought it there would have been some big problems in Boyertown.

Mike

Thanks Mike. This one did not come without a "deal" so to speak with my wife neither. Not that she would divorce me but she rather enjoys the infliction of pain upon my ass and divorce would not allow that any longer.

Actually the deal was that I'd sell the white winch truck, 1980 R612ST, or one of the B models, (no way) so the decision to sell the winch truck was made to allow for this purchase.

Rob

Congrats on the purchase

Thanks Randy. I'm assured the truck would make the "jaunt" across country with fresh fuel and batteries. It was only in service almost a year after being built into what it is now, (fire suppression) unit. I'm asking for a close up evaluation before proceding further with that thought as it has sat idle for five years.

Rob

Definatley new tires there for that jaunt. Idk I think I would haul it just for the fact lines,tires,Hoses, and other unforeseen till you get it looked at and evaluated. Probably make it though.

That is kinda where I'm at with it also. I guess after speaking at length with them a lot of items are not original to the truck meaning normal maintenance items. I get the impression their equipment is very well maintained. Being a former log hauler I'd bet it is geared pretty low. It also has an "underdrive/direct" Mack transmission so geared for pulling no doubt.

Let's continue to evaluate the hauling of this unit cause it really is probably best.

Rob

That is kinda where I'm at with it also. I guess after speaking at length with them a lot of items are not original to the truck meaning normal maintenance items. I get the impression their equipment is very well maintained. Being a former log hauler I'd bet it is geared pretty low. It also has an "underdrive/direct" Mack transmission so geared for pulling no doubt.

Let's continue to evaluate the hauling of this unit cause it really is probably best.

Rob

You might want to consider this also with the tag axle tires on anything you load it on is gonna be an act of congress to get on. if you nose it on as the front levels out the axle is going to bottom out in turn lift the drives up. Backing on might do it but same thing. Had had that problem with the drill rig in my avatar. Was a bear getting it on. Might take the tires off to load it but just have them on with the nuts loose or wood to help bring the load angle better

You might want to consider this also with the tag axle tires on anything you load it on is gonna be an act of congress to get on. if you nose it on as the front levels out the axle is going to bottom out in turn lift the drives up. Backing on might do it but same thing. Had had that problem with the drill rig in my avatar. Was a bear getting it on. Might take the tires off to load it but just have them on with the nuts loose or wood to help bring the load angle better

Thanks, If we could use my trailer it has a shallow approach incline and a Tulsa worm gear winch. I think the winch is only 10,000# but with a good snatch block it would get it up there should it be needed. I've had that winch for years and it really is strong for it's size.

Rob

LMAO! aint that the damn truth! maybe one of these days! seems when i find one i like,i aint got the cabbage,or vice-versa! plus being on the road 334 days a year really is'nt conducive to a "hobby" truck either!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

LMAO! aint that the damn truth! maybe one of these days! seems when i find one i like,i aint got the cabbage,or vice-versa! plus being on the road 334 days a year really is'nt conducive to a "hobby" truck either!...........................Mark

All you got to do is outlive me. I'll make certain "Momma" don't burn the RL755LST and you'll get it in the will.

Rob